Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exiting Beta how do I restore A12?

(Topic created on: 01-09-2022 06:23 PM)
Members_DsxoiLx
Student
Options

I enroled to the beta, had a play, but now want to return to A12.  I withdrew, but theres no option in the smart switch desktop app to downgrade (as is suggested), only backup & restore data.

6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options

@Members_DsxoiLx: If you have withdrawn from the beta via the Members app > Settings > One UI beta programme status > Withdraw, then you should be able to roll back to the previous software release via Smart Switch on your home computer. 

To perform the rollback, connect the device to your computer with a USB cable. On the computer, launch the Smart Switch application, and select "Downgrade". If you need assistance in having your software rolled back to the latest approved version you can call Samsung Service Center. – Call Center UK : 0333-000-0333 / Ireland : 0818-717-100
Members_DsxoiLx
Student
Options

Hi AndrewL,

As I said, I followed that guidance but when I launch the Smart Switch application, there is no option to select "Downgrade" - Just backup or restore (which will only affect my personal data not the OS version)

Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Just had the same issue, there is no option on the smart switch pc to downgrade. Just the 2 options you have said.
Reddeviluk
Navigator
Options
I'm getting exactly the same on my S21 Ultra, clicked WITHDRAW over 12 hours ago, still no option to DOWNGRADE only the BACKUP and RESTORE.....any other ideas?20220902_120431_1000000150_1662116671.jpg
0 Likes
Reddeviluk
Navigator
Options

Still nothing

0 Likes
Reddeviluk
Navigator
Options

So, been having quite the day of it.  if you read THIS THREAD , at this stage there is NO WAY to leave the Beta.....once you're in, you're in.

0 Likes