Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email issue!

(Topic created on: 20-02-2023 04:24 PM)
jvk
Voyager
Options
Hi,

Can anybody shed any light on why ALL my emails are suddenly coming straight into my Inbox rather than filtering some into Junk Emails? It has only started to do this overnight but, already, it's driving me crazy having to read everything and marking unwanted messages as Spam which, by the way, doesn't appear to be having the desired effect as they just keep coming back into the Inbox 😡

Thanks in advance. 
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
keith30
Maestro
Options
It might depend who delivers your email messages. I get mine though Virgin Media for my main messages as I have always use they services, but I also get my Gmail messages though Google but I don't get that many along with using Google Chat (was known as hangouts) as it's incorporated in the one app.i only get mine spam messages though my Inbox when Virgin suffers any problems with they systems.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@jvk: Which app are you using to access your emails? Also, for clarity, are you marking the messages as spam, but the messages are not being moved to your junk/spam folder, or are they moving as expected, but re-appearing in your inbox? 

To troubleshoot the issue, after marking the messages as spam, open your junk/spam folder and delete the contents immediately. Alternatively, it may be the case that you are receiving duplicate spam messages, rather than previously marked messages moving back into your inbox. With this in mind, make a note of the senders address, and check it against any new messages that arrive in your inbox. You should also reach out to your email provider directly to see if any steps can be taken to reduce the amount of spam you receive.

0 Likes
Solution
jvk
Voyager
Options
Thanks to everyone that has responded on this subject. I googled the problem and it seems that there are many people suffering this today. Apparently, it is Microsoft specific and they are aware but we all know how long the likes of Microsoft and Google take to address issues such as these. For now, I guess I'll have to live with it and hope it's fixed sooner rather than later! Cheers all.
0 Likes