Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dual Messenger WhatsApp Issue not fixed until now after One UI 4.0 update

(Topic created on: 08-12-2021 06:35 PM)
Justin Hong
First Poster
Options

After update OneUI 4.0 the second instance of  Whats App can't load and send photo and video. Before this update everything work perfectly, but after - sending and receiving doesn't work. And now i tried all the method on internet including clear cache and clear data, i can't even restoring my chat from backup history through my gmail anymore, it stuck at preparing to restore messages for decades. Which mean I can't use my second whatapps for work purpose! Shame on you releasing One UI 4.0 for so long but still this problem not solve at all!

10 REPLIES 10
Members_pDxdun0
First Poster
Options

I've deleted the second Whatsapp and recreated it. It returned to work properly. 
The rest of apps keep crashing!

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I have not encountered any issues with using my second Whatsapp at all.

Try @Members_pDxdun0 's suggestion... see if that solves your problem.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
Namejs
Voyager
Options

Create manual backup with restore folder permissions: Rename the original "Internal Storage (Dual Messenger) /Android/media/com.whatsapp" to "com.whatsapp_bac" and create new folder by the name "com.whatsapp".  Copy folder "/Internal Storage (Dual Messenger) /Android/media/com.whatsapp_bac/WhatsApp" to "Internal Storage (Dual Messenger) /Android/media/com.whatsapp".

Good luck!

LightFantastic
Journeyman
Options

That didn't work for me, as all it was doing was ultimately putting the same WhatsApp folder into the new com.whatsapp folder.

What did work for me was....

Rename the original "Internal Storage (Dual Messenger) /Android/media/com.whatsapp" to "com.whatsapp_bac" and create new folder by the name "com.whatsapp". Copy folder "/Internal Storage/DualApp/Android/media/com.whatsapp/WhatsApp" to "Internal Storage (Dual Messenger) /Android/media/com.whatsapp".

Media can now be viewed, camera works in WhatsApp and backups now work.

GVdB_S21U
Apprentice
Options

Thanks LightFantastic, this works for me!

0 Likes
LightFantastic
Journeyman
Options
Great! 👍
0 Likes
DJ28
Student
Options

Thank you! That worked. 

0 Likes
GBR__