Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difficulty accessing recovery mode!

(Topic created on: 06-01-2022 09:32 PM)
Newel447
Explorer
Options
Having spoken to Samsung on numerous occasions regarding this issue, I am even more confused due to conflicting advice...

I believe you first have to connect a USB C lead to the phone in order to access recovery mode!!

If I don't have access to a PC or laptop, I was told a pair of connected USB C headphones or a powerbank/charger..

Is this correct or is it a PC/laptop only...

Why did Samsung make it so difficult to access cache partion in recovery mode!!
19 REPLIES 19
regnighc
Journeyman
Options
Has this been changed in one ui 4.0?? None of the methods seem to work now it appears impossible to enter recovery mode
Newel447
Explorer
Options
I had an old laptop that I've not used for many years...
Switched it on, plugged my S21 Ultra into it and in less than 15 seconds, was in recovery mode and wiped the cache partition...

Thanks to all those who offered help🙂

Also, has anyone had any niggly problems after the Android 12 update?

My main concerns are slightly 'smearing' when scrolling text when adaptive refresh is activated....Not as bad as 60Hz, but not as smooth as it was prior to the update!!

Also, despite Samsung telling me this is an intentional upgrade, I hate the 'stretching' of the graphics when reaching scrolling limit on certain apps/websites..
Happens when scrolling texts, emails, contacts, settings etc...I find it annoying and if it is intentional, then why only on certain screens!!

Does anyone else find it annoying?
0 Likes
ismail212
Student
Options
Im having same issue
0 Likes
regnighc
Journeyman
Options
I ended up using the samsung USB c headphone method which worked
0 Likes
tsiharry
Student
Options

I found out that if you use USB C cable connected to another phone, it's also gets you into recovery mode.

tsiharry
Student
Options

I found out that if you use USB C cable connected to another phone, it also gets you into recovery mode.

0 Likes
Members_BCBimFf
Student
Options

Phew! Thanks! Plugging into a PC worked immediately after I'd tried without many times (unsuccessfully!). I was then able to clear the cache and instantly eliminate the "moisture" error that had wrongly been preventing from using the USB-C port for charging or Android Auto or anything else. Sometimes technology is hugely frustrating, especially when there is no apparent reason for a bug surviving OS updates, or when an unexplained/undocumented  "feature" persists (if that is what the "must be plugged in to access recovery mode" behaviour actually is!) 

0 Likes
stinks
First Poster
Options
I found that using a USB c cable to another phone worked to get into recovery mode
0 Likes
Craigshaw1969
Journeyman
Options

Im not sure if I am doing this correctly by replying to Newel447 but having issue even getting into recovery mode on my old S21 ultra.  I have connected the cable and I have held down the power+down arrow and then power+ Up arrow and nothing.  It always with out fails boots to the lock screen..  I cant get into the phone to turn it into developer mode as my daughter has locked the phone and forgotten her password.    Is the anything I can do please.  Nothing on the internet I can find ....it all takes me to the above recovery process. 

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Craigshaw1969: To enter Recovery Mode, power off the phone first of all, connect it to a PC using the USB cable that came packaged with the device, then press the Volume Up + Power buttons until you see the Samsung logo, then release. Use the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons to navigate the menus, and the Power button to select. 

If your daughter has forgotten her password, then she may be able to remotely unlock the phone using Find My Mobile on a PC or Mac, although this will only be possible if 'Remote unlock' is enabled in the phone's settings. To find out more, please refer to the steps in the link below.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/what-is-find-my-mobile-and-how-can-i-use-it-to-loc...

0 Likes