Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Difficulty accessing recovery mode!

(Topic created on: 07-12-2021 01:00 AM)
Newel447
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S21 Series
Having spoken to Samsung on numerous occasions regarding this issue, I am even more confused due to conflicting advice...

I believe you first have to connect a USB C lead to the phone in order to access recovery mode!!

If I don't have access to a PC or laptop, I was told a pair of connected USB C headphones or a powerbank/charger..

Is this correct or is it a PC/laptop only...

Why did Samsung make it so difficult to access cache partion in recovery mode!!
0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
regnighc
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S21 Series
Has this been changed in one ui 4.0?? None of the methods seem to work now it appears impossible to enter recovery mode
Newel447
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S21 Series
I had an old laptop that I've not used for many years...
Switched it on, plugged my S21 Ultra into it and in less than 15 seconds, was in recovery mode and wiped the cache partition...

Thanks to all those who offered help🙂

Also, has anyone had any niggly problems after the Android 12 update?

My main concerns are slightly 'smearing' when scrolling text when adaptive refresh is activated....Not as bad as 60Hz, but not as smooth as it was prior to the update!!

Also, despite Samsung telling me this is an intentional upgrade, I hate the 'stretching' of the graphics when reaching scrolling limit on certain apps/websites..
Happens when scrolling texts, emails, contacts, settings etc...I find it annoying and if it is intentional, then why only on certain screens!!

Does anyone else find it annoying?
0 Likes
ismail212
Student
Options
Galaxy S21 Series
Im having same issue
0 Likes
regnighc
Apprentice
Options
Galaxy S21 Series
I ended up using the samsung USB c headphone method which worked
0 Likes
tsiharry
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

I found out that if you use USB C cable connected to another phone, it's also gets you into recovery mode.

0 Likes
tsiharry
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

I found out that if you use USB C cable connected to another phone, it also gets you into recovery mode.

0 Likes