Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

device is not play protect certified

(Topic created on: 08-09-2022 09:14 PM)
Galaxy s21 new user
First Poster
Options

Hi,

A few weeks ago I purchased a new Samsung galaxy s21 device. Unfortunately, it's not play protect certified, and I cannot find any fix. The device is brand new, and is not rooted. I performed factory reset, but it didn't help. The model is on Google's supported devices list (SM-G991B), and I manually registered my device (using it's Google Service Framework ID).

What should be my next step? 

17 REPLIES 17
AndrewL
Options

@Galaxy s21 new user: Where did you purchase your Galaxy S21 from? You could try heading to Settings > About phone > Software information > Google Play system update, to see if this helps. If not, I recommend reaching out to the seller directly to enquire about obtaining a refund or replacement. Alternatively, please take a look at the troubleshooting steps linked below.

Fix issues with your Play Protect certification status - Android Help (google.com)

0 Likes
DavidGlass
Journeyman
Options

Did you fix your problem yet? I had the same thing since the July update, "device not certified" in Play Store and Wallet doesn't work. I actually had the same problem a few months ago, an update broke it, the next update fixed it. However, the August update I just applied now has not fixed the problem this time. I tried Samsung support, but it's painful, slow and didn't help. I fear it is time for me to go back to a Pixel. Sigh.

Members_sa0r387
First Poster
Options

I've had exactly the same problem as you even to the order at which the updates fixed and unfixed the phone... So infuriating I've tried everything

Christian125
Journeyman
Options

I have exactly the same problem. 

iamblichos
Journeyman
Options

Also the same problem!!!

tkajdro
Student
Options

I have the same issue on Galaxy M51 since update to Android 12. Can't use Google Pay nor Netflix anymore. 

0 Likes
enes1231
First Poster
Options

Hey, were you able to fix it?

0 Likes
Christian125
Journeyman
Options

Nope. But i did not use the fully reset. Maybe that helps.. 

0 Likes
Members_v9HnYRs
Journeyman
Options

So I called samsung as my NOTE 10+ 5G was not play protect certified after the update that was released in Feb. Samsung advised me that this was due to my device being Australian in origin and was being used in the UK, and as such I would not get the updates required. 

My phone was sent to me by my insurance company in replacement of  my original device that I lost. I have since sent my device back to the insurance company and demanded that it be replaced as its useless if I cannot use apps. Please check your device model numbers by calling Samsung support. I noticed that the phone does not give you the full model number in

0 Likes