Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install apps from play store

(Topic created on: 26-11-2021 09:54 PM)
Anand3366
Explorer
Options
Recently upgraded my s21 ultra to android 12 and things started to fall a part from day one. Ive managed to solve few but the one thing that really bugs me now is that i Couldn't install many of the apps from apps store . The screenshot which I've attached is just one example and I have the same issue for other apps as well. I tried uninstalling the updates
 from play store,tried clearing cache and the data, did a reboot of the phone but nothing worked .
 Is it just me who has this problem ?

Cover image

75 REPLIES 75
Pgaudiello
First Poster
Options

I am having this exact same problem. I have tried troubleshooting with every suggested fix - aside from wiping my entire phone clean. 

I bought a new smartwatch - can't use it. I pay for foxtel - can't watch foxtel go on my phone.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S21+ - SM-G996B. They had better sort this out quick!!

0 Likes
alchemistmatt
First Poster
Options

My Galaxy S21 (model SM-G991U1) also refused to install Play Store updates after I updated to Android 12 in November. I finally broke down and performed the factory reset, following the steps described on page 2 by Kaplaey2 (backup data and settings, factory reset, power off, restart into recovery mode and clear the cache, choose the Repair Apps item in the recovery mode menu).

The one tip I will give: in addition to making sure all of your data is sync'd with Google (including photos, if enabled), be sure to start Samsung Cloud and make sure a recent backup has been done, confirming that each of these items has been backed up to Samsung's cloud:

• Call Logs
  • Settings
  • Home Screen (saves apps and positions, for all pages of the home screen)
  • Apps

After the factory reset, start Samsung Cloud (logging into your Samsung account will require receiving a text message from Samsung to confirm your identity if you have 2FA enabled), then choose "Restore Data". The only thing that is not restored is notification settings -- I've spent the last two days customizing notifications (setting most to "Deliver quietly" and setting some to not show on the Lock Screen).

0 Likes
Bri95
First Poster
Options

I also have this issue 😕

0 Likes
Lforest
Pioneer
Options

Same issue here, still stuck on November update.. And waiting.. 998/ds device here. Still stuck on the same 5 apps I can't update.. No work profile no antivirus.. What a mess. 

0 Likes
fernandorubbo
First Poster
Options

Anybody know if Samsung will be fixing this. This is my first Samsung device and to be honest, it is my last. Nothing works seamless as Pixel. Why Samsung decided to re-invent the weal instead of using Vanilla Android?

ddp2
Student
Options

Sorry Anand3366, but for some reason I can't fetch your images.
Anyhow, my issues I had with updating and installing apps on s21+ with android 12 are now solved.

What happened in the meantime (GMT+02) ?

1. Received security update 1 January 2022, 13/01/2022
2. Received Google Play systemupdate 1 December 2021, 14/01/2022
3. Google Play Store updated to version 28.8.17-21, 15/01/2022

If you don't have these software levels, just wait for the OTA updates... Be patient.

massodan
Apprentice
Options

How does one do this? Have searched apps and settings and can't find an easy way to do it. 

0 Likes
Kaplaey2
Explorer
Options

Do what? Enable & Disable device security? 

0 Likes
massodan
Apprentice
Options

Disable. If disabling allows me to download apps this may be a good work around. I can't seem to find "device security" 

0 Likes
Kaplaey2
Explorer
Options

Go to settings > Device Care & Battery, you will find the security option in there... hope that helps.

it should be called "Device Protection" or something similar.