Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Can't delete old address from a contact

(Topic created on: 01-12-2023 11:29 PM)
Nonz
First Poster
Options

One of my contacts has moved and I want to delete the old address and add the new one,. I can add the new one, but I can't figure out how to delete the old one. I would rather not delete the whole contact and add it back. Thank you!

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Solution
N7_Lydia
Journeyman
Options
Click on the contact you want to change in your contact list, and press the "i" symbol. Then you should have the edit option at the bottom. Then view more, to see all the details and then Address can be changed! Remember to press save to save the changes.
Ravhin9027
First Poster
Options

Try again - the address isn't available to edit or remove.  It shows up in the contact details, but disappears during editing.

N7_Lydia
Journeyman
Options
Well it was accepted as a solution as it worked for the OP and it works for me. Just did it now to make sure they didn't change it. You need to make sure you need to need to click on more fields when editing the contact like I said in my original comment, and click on the box with address, to input the address and then press save.
0 Likes
Puffy1
First Poster
Options

I am also having the same issue. There is no "i" to click and when I go down to view more I can enter the new address and save it. But then when I go back to view the contact, both addresses are listed. 

Kimbarton09
First Poster
Options

Here's what worked for me.  Open up the contact to edit it.  You don't have to view more.  At the bottom is "storage location".  Click on it and it will show the contact probably as a phone storage and cloud storage.  I selected "unlink" by the cloud storage.  It removed the old address I wanted to get rid of.  Hope this helps!

nicholberry
Student
Options

I can add the "new" corrected information but it retains the old. Does not delete it or remove it. How do I DELETE the old address and email address? 

nicholberry
Student
Options

p.s. - I needed to send this contact information to someone and it's very confusing when they receive a contact with TWO addresses and TWO email addresses.

A-75
First Poster
Options

I am having the same issue 

0 Likes
sflorman
First Poster
Options

Regardless, it didn't work. The old address isn't shown when you click "more fields."

0 Likes