Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Android (Zero Value)/ Broken Phone Trade In

(Topic created on: 18-06-2021 09:51 PM)
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
I've been looking at the deal where you can trade in either a broken phone, cracked screen phone, or any android phone (zero value) for £200 off. Well I was about to take up the offer but I noticed it says "up to" £200 off.

So I have an old Nokia phone (Asha 300) which is broken (sim card clip/metal thingy that holds the SIM in place) is missing so it won't hold a SIM unless you do some DIY. But it's not broken in any of the ways they list on the screen where it says whether it meets the broken phone criteria (which to be fair sounds very much like it needs to be an unbroken phone haha).

I reckon I'd need to list it in the any broken phone section as it's not an android phone (Android (Zero Value probably wouldn't fly) with the trade in company. Screen is fully operational. What constitutes reasonable wear and tear on a 9 year old phone?

Anyway has anyone gone through the process of a similar trade in and how did it go? 
2 REPLIES 2
prakhars962
First Poster
Options

me too I don't know, how can they spare 200 pounds for any android phone

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The phone would be assessed once received and then they would provide a costing typically.

You've done the best action by reading the faqs and Terms and Conditions.

Fair wear and tear is a broad term that can typically cover the possible typical marks on a phone from using it.

When I traded in one of my phone's in at a Samsung Experience Store they hooked it upto their in-house computer and put it through a number of tests including checking that the screen worked , turned on etc and gave it a once over by eye @RXM 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes