Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 13 one ui 5.0 phone orientation issue

(Topic created on: 12-11-2022 06:13 PM)
Gionike
Voyager
Options
Ok so....its been a while since I had any issue with the s21 ultra or android until I updated it to the latest software: android 13 one ui 5.0.

So far I've noticed a major and irritating problem.
It's the phones orientation. When phone held in portrait position, and the auto rotate is on auto mode, the phone camera app, chrome websites, and actually any other apps that allow the orientation options in landscape and portrait, the phone keeps turning landscape when the phone is held in portrait. VERY ANNOYING. 

all pictures are coming out in wrong orientation. Can't look at websites 
unless I lay the phone flat. 

When the auto rotation is turned off I can use all the apps in portrait mode except the camera still switches orientation the wrong way around.

Need a fix quick samsung

71 REPLIES 71
Amer1426
First Poster
Options
S21 base
0 Likes
Fester22
Apprentice
Options

Lucky.  For me not, even worst, it happens min 2 times per day.

Maybe somebody knows if Bloody Samsung does not helps for premium class customers, Is this grounds for returning the phone and a refund? This will be my last Samsung phone. This attitude just infuriates me, you buy a phone for a thousand euros and you get life upside down. It's just unacceptable. I have been a regular customer since the Galaxy 2! I'm over it!

Somebodyknows
First Poster
Options
Maybe just stick to it I have to use a force rotation app to keep things from moving as the stupid orientation wants todo it's own thing I have also the same issue with the oriantation that doesn't want to go into landscape automatically so I physically have to force it into portrait there's apps on the play store for this
0 Likes
Viktor_k
Student
Options

S22, the same issue. Surface level shows that horizontal and vertical orientation are swapped. Happens each time when I try to run app which forces landscape mode.

The issue started to reproduce only when I switched to gestures. With nav buttons the issue wasn't seen

0 Likes
Crib0neZ
Apprentice
Options

Hello again, 

I think I've found the solution. So far it's working for me : 

Actually,  wiping the cache partition is advisable after updates and most experts recommend it.  It should help clear the lag.  No Data is lost but temporary files are  deleted and device should run more smoothly.

Follow these steps if you wish to go ahead:

1. Turn off the device.
  2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones  , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key .
  3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
  4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
  5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
  6. Press Power key to select.
  7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
  8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.

Press the Power key to restart the device

-----

For the last past day, I didn't get the problem. You should try it guys.

-----

Anyone knows when should we get an update ? I still have the october security patch ...

TessM
Mastermind
Options

Afternoon everyone,

After the latest SW version update(T OS), we confirmed that the acceleration sensor may not operate normally in certain situations temporarily. If you encounter this problem please reboot the device.

To fix this we will release a new SW version so please check device regularly for updates from the phone Settings> Software update> Download and install. 

Members_f6QySTd
First Poster
Options

Being annoyed with this issue for quite long time now, NO support frim Samsung made me take my decision to switch to apple. I've been a samsung customer since the galaxy note 2 until now note 20 ultra 5G. Its disrespectful how samsung treats their customers 

Fester22
Apprentice
Options

Yep, I feel the same. But few days ago they released update, and at last it helps me. 3 days this problems does not happens. After 2 months now I'm happy). But to be honest, S20+ will be my last phone from Sams, because of price policy and a lot of junk apps inside system, I forced to pay annual bucks for "Samsung package disabled" to avoid tonns of useless apps. 

Peace to community.

0 Likes
Members_OtX4AfO
First Poster
Options

Update did nothing for me. S20 FE. After the whole fiasco with the Exynos on that model I was seriously considering Apple. Think this is the tipping point.

0 Likes
Viktor_k
Student
Options

Wiping the cache by following the guide from  helped me to see the issue more rare.
After receiving the Dec update it seems gone so far