Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G, no bars = no notifications

(Topic created on: 07-02-2021 06:46 AM)
Samish
Apprentice
Options
I've noticed that if you have 4G but no signal bars your notifications don't cone through. I'm on a Samsung Galaxy S21+. The notifications came through on my old device.
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
CrazyTom2k2
Helping Hand
Options
Hey there Samish!

If you've got no bars, but you've still got 4G, that generally means your phone's clinging onto 4G for dear life. Depending on your carrier or how strong your signal is in ASU, you might still get some notifications, you might not, If your phone's on no bars, and you want notifications, try bumping your phone down to 3G and see if that pulls anything through.

Hope this helps,
Tom 🙂

ASU - Arbitrary Signal Units - Find this reading in Settings > About Phone > Device Information > SIM Card Status > Signal Strength
Samish
Apprentice
Options
is there anyway to know what the signal strength should be?
0 Likes
CrazyTom2k2
Helping Hand
Options
The best way is probably to check with your carrier - they can tell you how good your coverage should be. Although, I've noticed that 3 reckon they've got excellent coverage in my area, when in reality it's *****. You might have more luck comparing your signal to other people's (you should be able to check the ASUs on other Android phones, not sure on iPhone though). 🙂
Samish
Apprentice
Options
@CrazyTom2k2 thank you for your help :smiling-face:
0 Likes
CrazyTom2k2
Helping Hand
Options
@Samish no problem! 😀
0 Likes