Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your payment was unable to process. Please try again or contact your payment provider.

(Topic created on: 29-06-2021 07:13 AM)
ah17
Apprentice
Options

I have tried to purchase an S20 FE five times using PayPal credit every time the order has failed to complete. On each occasion I go through the PayPal pop-up and everything goes though as intended and I'm instructed to "return to merchant". Upon retuning to checkout I'm greeted with the following message:

"Something went wrong
Your payment was unable to process. Please try again or contact your payment provider."

I have contacted PayPal and everything is rosy on their end and I'm inclined to agree as each time a pending transaction has entered my PayPal statement and I have received an email each time with a transaction ID.

I'm utterly fed up having contacted Samsung support via phone (twice), via chat (twice) and via Facebook messenger and on each occasion they have been completely useless. Support have told me they cannot see the pending transactions (even though I can provide them with an invoice number that PayPal had given me over the phone) so cannot reject them and that I have to wait until they expire (could be up to 30 days). Meanwhile I still cannot get the order to complete.

Figured I would see if anyone else has had similar issues before I give up entirely and chalk it up as a bad job.
Any advise would be appreciated.
20 REPLIES 20
ah17
Apprentice
Options
Yes, my understanding from speaking with PayPal is that Samsung has to either accept or reject the pending transactions. I only used PayPal credit and they could not cancel the transactions once they had been authorised (the advisor asked their superiors but once its over with Samsung they cannot do anything). I'm not sure if this would be any different with the debit transaction you have tried. Samsung support advised they can neither accept or reject the transactions due to no orders being generated (surely they should be able to access payment transactions regardless of order numbers) so I imagine they will expire after so long.
0 Likes
Srossi
Journeyman
Options

Thanks so very much for your input.  It's much appreciated.  In theory, both transactions are via PayPal.  One was linked to my current account and the other to my credit.  So I know I have PayPal Support should I need it. Its not so bad that one is just pending on my credit account but to have money physically removed from my normal bank account is frustrating to say the least. 

I have just contacted Samsung shop via a phone call which was both pointless and time wasting.  I left the call feeling none the wiser. I have also emailed the Samsung shop with both transaction numbers and basically told them to sort it out. 

If I get any joy, I will keep you updated. Many thanks once again. 

0 Likes
ah17
Apprentice
Options
No problem, thanks for sharing also as it's always better to know you're not the only one!

Yes, please let me know if you have any joy via email.
0 Likes
NathanialEssex
Explorer
Options

Exact same issue yesterday. Gave up. Probably some higher power re reminding me I promised never to buy another Samsung product again. 

MikeyBoo
First Poster
Options

Same issue here, tried it 8 times one is stuck in pending now the deal is 160 pound higher

Srossi
Journeyman
Options

After several emails, I resolved my payment issues by emailing through the CEO channels.  I received a phone call from Samsung and they refunded all monies and I was told to reorder under the promise that the payment issue was resolved.  I tried to reorder about ten times with the payment screen refreshing again and again. Eventually,  one payment went through and thankfully I received a confirmation email. So we will wait and see if the order is fulfilled.  You have to be careful with the payment as it looks like it hasn't gone through but is actually deducted from the payment methods.  Such an unnecessary headache. 

0 Likes
ah17
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for the update, can you provide the email address you managed to get the refund through?
0 Likes
Srossi
Journeyman
Options

https://www.samsung.com/uk/info/contactus/email-the-ceo/

This is the link that I used. I hope it helps. Keep us updated.  Kindest regards. 

Members_n9lsPB4
First Poster
Options

I'm also having this issue. Desperately trying to place an order, i have tried with paypal, credit card and debit card. No payment gone out but the deal has ended. Tried buying s21 ultra and buds. ive tried from laptop, phone and tablet. Why aren't Samsung fixing this issue! Has anyone successfully placed an order? 

0 Likes
concoursdude
First Poster
Options

Same issue here. Tried purchasing an Art Store membership through my Frame TV using PayPal. No messages on the Samsung side saying there was any issue. After trying twice and never getting a confirmation, I checked PayPal where I was greeted with two pending payments to Samsung. Spent an hour getting handed off again and again through Samsung support until finally someone put in an escalation ticket. Apparently nobody at Samsung actually has the ability to view these transactions that occur via Samsung Checkout. What a joke. I think I'm going to be forced to wait until PayPal returns my $110, as it will be stuck in Pending until it expires. Infuriating. 

0 Likes