Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wifi calling on s20 plus

(Topic created on: 16-08-2020 12:46 PM)
imee1980
Apprentice
Options
Hi everyone. My s20 plus not showing at all how to enable wifi calling. I tried through settings. Tried though phone dailer but still nothing. Can someone help me with this. 

Regards

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@imee1980: Wi-Fi Calling is a network specific feature, therefore I recommend reaching out to your network directly to enquire about activating this option on your S20+. Once they have confirmed that the feature has been activated, open the Phone app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Wi-Fi Calling > Toggle it on to activate. Make sure you have Wi-Fi enabled on the phone, and you should be good to go. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
Reverse
First Poster
Options
Have you checked the button order on your quick panel?
imee1980
Apprentice
Options
Thanks for reply. which button order. can you please explain
0 Likes
imee1980
Apprentice
Options
yes I checked. not in there either
0 Likes
Solution
AndrewL
Options

@imee1980: Wi-Fi Calling is a network specific feature, therefore I recommend reaching out to your network directly to enquire about activating this option on your S20+. Once they have confirmed that the feature has been activated, open the Phone app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Wi-Fi Calling > Toggle it on to activate. Make sure you have Wi-Fi enabled on the phone, and you should be good to go. 

0 Likes
imee1980
Apprentice
Options
Thanks Andrew. Its all like as you said. I spoke to my provider and they will activate from their end. Thanks a lot 🙏
kac-20
First Poster
Options

what carrier is being discussed? Did the carrier make it work for you? 

0 Likes
alec1876
Apprentice
Options
I solved this by taking my sim card out, restarting the phone and then installing the sim card back in. wifi calling returned
Darren13
First Poster
Options

Thanks I took phone to Vodafone shop and they said they fixed it but nothing worked until I saw this and Bam straight away working Thanks again 

Clive1954
Journeyman
Options
Exactly the same problem on an S20+ on O2. No option in phone settings to switch on WiFi calling. Solution as already stated. switch off phone. Remove SIM. Switch on phone, wait until its completely restarted. Insert SIM and the WiFi calling option is there. I am guessing its a S20 firmware problem.