Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When moving photos from gallery to an album, they aren't deleting off gallery

(Topic created on: 05-04-2021 04:14 AM)
SuZsu
First Poster
Options
I have a Samsung Galaxy S20 - When selecting to 'move photos from gallery to an album', they aren't deleting or moving off gallery but still remain there. When I had my Galaxy S6 they would move from the gallery into the album. What's happened? 

If this is no longer possible, then what's the difference between 'copy to album' and 'move to album'?

From Distraught Sue
42 REPLIES 42
Hagar1
Apprentice
Options

Well....DUH.  LOL

You're begging the question.

Your answer is obviously how <COPY> or <MOVE> are supposed to work.   

This is not working for the person asking the question.

Hagar1
Apprentice
Options

adding to Kris's reply, if you have photos you don't want your gf to see, move them to a "Secure Folder."  The secure folders are password protected and images DO NOT show up in your gallery!!!

0 Likes
Hagar1
Apprentice
Options

If you don't certain pjctures showing up in your gallery, simply move the to a "secure folder."  Look it up.

0 Likes
Guenza
Student
Options

I find this very annoying. Why even have the move choice then? And I hate that they all stay in the gallery. So messy. 😡 

ragnabet
Journeyman
Options

Having waited in vain for more than two months for a useful answer to my question, I wish deeply that someone from Samsung would kindly inform us if and when Samsung plans to change 'Gallery' back to when it was possible to actually
a) MOVE or COPY a picture from Gallery to a separate picture folder, and
b) DELETE a picture from Gallery without affecting any copy of this picture residing in a separate picture folder.

Kris G
Voyager
Options

you can always hide the Gallery app somewhere and instead create a folder and name it 'Gallery'

Huawei P8, Mate10Pro, P40Pro;
Samsung S20Ultra;
Xiaomi MiNote10;
0 Likes
TyneKat
Student
Options

I would also love a solution to this.

I don't need to hide photos/videos from anyone. I take a lot of photos for work and I need a way to actually move many photos/videos from my main gallery into a folder that's easily accessible without having to worry about said photos being deleted. Putting the photo(s) into a secure folder/hiding them/setting up a pathway or app (and every alternative that has been suggested in this chat) are not solutions to this problem.

Ragnabet and I aren't *****. We know how to hide photos if we need to. There are a multitude of reasons that people might want photos "moved" from their main gallery to be deleted/hidden from the gallery view. Is fidelity a common one? Yeah, sure. But those people can hide their photos and not have to worry because (I'm assuming) they don't need to access their noods very often.

I dont see why this is something that was skipped over when creating/updating the gallery app. If DELETING/HIDING MOVED PHOTOS FROM THE GALLERY VIEW isn't an easy fix for Samsung, there are many easy alternatives. First, there shouldn't be an option to "move" an image to an album from the gallery, it should be labelled as "add" to album. If retaining the "move" label, there should at least be a confirmation dialogue popup that confirms: "Are you sure you want to delete? Deleting items in the gallery will delete selection from all other albums." Another easy alternative is to rename the album to "all" and make it so the "gallery" album does not show copies or any moved items. I've spent way too long on this response but I hope it makes clear that

A. We Aren't technologically illiterate aldultorers and, more importantly,

B. We need a response & some action from Samsung.

Kris G
Voyager
Options

did you just create a new account under a new name to post this comment?
on your profile it says "Member Since: 8 hours ago 😅

first of all, an adult person would not try what you did, secondly, the phone if yours, no need to hide anything in there since it is yours.

This just got a new level of awkward 😑

Huawei P8, Mate10Pro, P40Pro;
Samsung S20Ultra;
Xiaomi MiNote10;
0 Likes
TyneKat
Student
Options

I did create an account to post this. I bought my Note 9 a couple months before posting and didn't need to access the community forums until I ran into this issue... haven't run into any issues since then that Google couldn't solve.

Samsung fixed the issue with a recent update - photos "moved" from the Camera album are actually moved, not copied. 

And, for the record, I am an "adult person"... and I clearly explained why I wanted photos moved from the main gallery view instead of being copied.

0 Likes
twizzelB
First Poster
Options
Yes i think the same. Useless feature.