Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

USB-C to Headset Jack Adapter Compatibility

(Topic created on: 09-01-2021 12:53 PM)
EllaH
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I was wondering if this adapter is compatible with the S20 and S20 Ultra.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/mobile-accessories/type-c-adapter-ee-uc10-ee-uc10juwegww/

These models aren't listed in the "compatibility tab" but I feel like this product is super relevant for specifically these models so I'm a bit confused.

Thanks,

Ella

0 Likes
Go to solution
17 REPLIES 17
Dancul2
First Poster
Options

Hello

Did you solve issue? I have some problem Samsung S20 FE -The connected USB device isn't supported afte I plug wired earbuds in Usb-c connector.

I'm considering to send phone back to seller ... But I'm bit suspicious that it may be also software problem, or unsupported cable usb-c type ...

Dan

0 Likes
EllaH
Apprentice
Options

I haven't tried it myself but this reply  makes a lot of sense:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s20-series/usb-c-to-headset-jack-adapter-compatibility/m-...

Hope it helps!

0 Likes
Dancul2
First Poster
Options

Hello

I have same problem. Did the original samsung usbc adapter solved the issue ?

0 Likes
Dancul2
First Poster
Options

I have tried to buy original samsung usbc adapter and it is working now...

0 Likes
kkerd
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I've used the solution shown here in reddit and it worked.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Galaxy_S20/comments/jjovu1/s20_fe_usbc_to_35mm_adapter_not_working_samsung/ 

Basically it says (after making the developer options available) set "Disable USB audio routing" option checked on the Developer Options.

0 Likes
Linn 2
First Poster
Options

Not true, I ordered 2 off of ebay and they don't work with my S20. An error message appears stating USB device isn't supported. I have another USB C to headphone jack cable that works.

Tom4621
First Poster
Options

Same issue... Bought one similar but with an extra charge port dangling off in addition to the 3.5 mm jack. As soon as its plugged in (even when not connected to headphones yet), the error message pops.

SUPER LAME.

Been a LOYAL Samdung customer  since I was old enough to get a work permit and save for this stuff but these last 5ish years I've been less than satisfied with the *intentional* incompatibility issues and useless samsung support staff and the companies policies in general. If I wasn't so loathing of Appld, I'd move to their lineup. Sucks being stuck between a rock and a hard place EVEN AFTER SHELLING OUT THOUSANDS FOR TOP TIER SAMSUNG JUNK, but still beats being limited to one companies "ecosystem" period....

No returns so I'm glad the adapter was priced to move (it DOES work on my Bluetooth transmitter device). Looks like I'll be needing to search for one specifically for my device. Nonsense.

0 Likes
dgcotch
First Poster
Options
I have the same problem. It says it's not supported. It would help get some advice on what to do
0 Likes