Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

USB-C to Headset Jack Adapter Compatibility

(Topic created on: 09-01-2021 05:39 PM)
EllaH
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I was wondering if this adapter is compatible with the S20 and S20 Ultra.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/mobile-accessories/type-c-adapter-ee-uc10-ee-uc10juwegww/

These models aren't listed in the "compatibility tab" but I feel like this product is super relevant for specifically these models so I'm a bit confused.

Thanks,

Ella

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17
SirStottalot
Pathfinder
Options
Any Type C to 3.5mm Jack will work mate. It's all marketing to encourage branded purchases.
0 Likes
EllaH
Apprentice
Options

I bought one, not Samsung branded, and it didn't work ☹️ That's why I wanted to make sure this one does haha

SirStottalot
Pathfinder
Options
That's strange. When you put it in, the phone didn't try to recognise it as a USB input device did it?
0 Likes
Rhysh1264
Apprentice
Options
all usbc ports should work you might get a notification asking what you want too do with it eg data transfer
0 Likes
EllaH
Apprentice
Options

It says "Device not supported - The connected USB device isn't supported" when I plug it in and I can't click it to change input type or anything

0 Likes
Solution
Woodstar
Pioneer
Options

Hi, I got one for the car stereo but it wouldn't work, apparently it's has to be a DAC USB c adapter. I got one of these of Amazon and that works fine.

0 Likes
weskerevil
Voyager
Options
got one of these for my s20 ultra works perfect
ebay 143690246220
0 Likes
JohnW27
Pioneer
Options
I bought a Chinese brand one from amazon and it works perfectly. Cost me about £6.
0 Likes
Jesper B
First Poster
Options

Hi, 

I recently bought the Huawei Headphone Jack Adapter (USB-C to 3.5 mm, model CM20) - this was neither supported on my Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G phone. I get the "Device not supported - The connected USB device isn't supported" message, too.

Still I am looking for a USB-C to 3.5 mm adapter that works well with Galaxy S20 FE 5G and various headsets.

Can anybody confirm that https://www.samsung.com/uk/mobile-accessories/type-c-adapter-ee-uc10-ee-uc10juwegww/ will work - or recommend another model, that does?

FYI I am connecting a wired B&W P7 headset to it.

BR Jesper 

0 Likes