Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Super fast charging not working and screen getting ghost touches after latest firmware update.

(Topic created on: 17-08-2022 02:01 PM)
Hairy_Beardo
Journeyman
Options

So I have the S20 FE Snapdragon phone. It has been working perfectly for over a year and a half now but as soon as it installed the latest firmware patch on Saturday it has broken the super fast charging feature. 

Now the phone will only charge for 5% or less before it stops charging completely. I bought a whole new official Samsung 2.0 super fast charger to check if it was my old charger causing the problem. It wasn't; the same problem happens with the new charger. I switched to a normal 15w fast charger and it charges the phone fine without any issues. So it is definitely the super fast charging feature that has been broken.

On a less serious but still irritating note, the screen also seems to be glitchy now. Now when I scroll there are random ghost touches and links get clicked on automatically. This never happened before unless it was me just having fat fingers. I turned off the touch sensitivity option in display settings but this didn't solve the problem.

The fact is I had none of these issues until Samsung dropped that update on my phone on Saturday. Is anyone else having these issues? If so, how quick are Samsung to issue a fix? The charging issue in particular is quite frustrating because there can be a difference in charging time of upto half an hour extra when charging from 10% or lower. I have a busy lifestyle so that can make a big difference to my schedule. Any thoughts and advice would be welcome. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Hairy_Beardo
Journeyman
Options

So another firmware update was installed a couple of days ago and there's some great news - they've finally fixed both the super fast charging and touch screen issues! I've managed to charge my phone from below 5% to max on three occasions now and it has super fast charged each time without a problem. The touch screen is also no longer making accidental presses whilst scrolling.

It took a little longer than expected but better late then never. Hopefully they don't break the feature again!

View solution in context

16 REPLIES 16
Hairy_Beardo
Journeyman
Options

Bump

0 Likes
Rose2014
First Poster
Options

I am having issues with my Samsung Galaxy S20 FE5g also since the latest update. My problems are that I cannot see what I text back to people, cannot open a link and the website open, and pictures I took this morning are not in my gallery. I have also had issues with it charging as well.  I have restarted my phone several times as well as I have also turned it off for several minutes and turned it back on with no improvement.  Also my phone had the wrong time on this morning as well, I had to manually change it.

0 Likes
catwoman143
Explorer
Options
Jeez, I can only tell you to factory reset or, get a new phone. Might be stupid but it's the best I can say for you.
0 Likes
Members_iSICgKh
Apprentice
Options

I have the same problems with the charging and I don't know if it's update related but i am having these issues since that update. I've used a 25w charger, a 15w charger, an external samsung battery with super fast charging and 2 different cables and none of those fixed it. Sometimes it wont charge at all, sometimes it will charge like 5% and then pauses, sometimes 20% and pauses. I've restarted the phone and I factory reset it, none fixed it. And it sucks because it'a brand new phone, not even a month used.

Hairy_Beardo
Journeyman
Options

It looks like it's definitely firmware related, it cannot be a coincidence that this issue started the moment the new firmware was updated. I really do hope that Samsung are aware of this internally and are working on a fix. I simply cannot go back to fast charging after how much of a difference super fast charging makes. It is a feature of the phone so Samsung need to fix it as a priority.

Members_iSICgKh
Apprentice
Options

At least unpluging the cable and pluging it again will further charge it. Also...see if unchecking the show battery info on allways on display fixes it, i'm testing it right now to see the results. An update needs to be released soon by samsung 

0 Likes
Hairy_Beardo
Journeyman
Options

I've literally tried everything with no luck. Took it to a Samsung shop today and the staff were clueless, they tried their best to convince me that the S20 FE isn't capable of super fast charging because it doesn't appear in the options when you go to your battery. I had to spend five minutes convincing them before they finally brought out a super fast charger to see the evidence. They genuinely looked and felt utterly stupid when the super fast charging text popped up. They even tried a normal fast charger after it to see if the text and charging ring colour changed which it did.

They apologised and offered to book it in for a diagnostic but I honestly don't think it's going to fix anything. I'm convinced this is a firmware issue and can only be fixed with another firmware update. It's likely a very simple fix and I really do hope that Samsung is aware of it. Let me know if any tests you carry out deliver any results. Any fix would be appreciated otherwise we just have to hope Samsung fixes this quickly.

itoxic97
First Poster
Options

I have Samsung S10 and the same problem after update. 

0 Likes
Namoka
Apprentice
Options
Same after the update 2 days ago. I have the s22 ultra, no problem. And I got an extra phone, s20 fe, it suddenly wont charge with super fas charging, which it was before the update. So probably a firmware issue. Its like they removed the phones option to super fast charge which is annoying. Samsung probably knows this already and on it with the fix.. i just hope it rolls out soon.
0 Likes