Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I update s20 fe 5g software

(Topic created on: 03-05-2023 03:57 PM)
Mango123
Pioneer
Options
Just got notification to update my s20 fe 5g. Had a bad experience with a different Samsung phone last time I updated so want to know if it has issues. Has anyone updated? Thanks
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I understand you had issues with a previous update on another phone.
Updates are important as they contain important security fixes and software.
Updates may contain software tweaks to improve phone usage.

Personally I'd always say to update all software. Not only the phone but apps as well.

You can always try wiping the Partition Cashe after updating.
Something I like to do regularly
Mango123
Pioneer
Options
Alright thanks. Not sure if you work for samsung or not? I know they would say update. I'm looking for some users who can give an honest opinion of updating this specific phone model. Thanks
0 Likes
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
No I don't work for Samsung
I'm a gas engineer that happens to be a Samsung fan
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Mango123  It is your choice but would say particularly due to the security patches it is advisable to update. The benefits outweigh any possible downsides (though at times some users can have issues) Ensure you back up Data before installing and as has been mentioned it helps to wipe the cache partition and also to Repair Apps from the same Recovery Menu after updates.   Your Devices is eligible for security updates until October 2024,whilst OneUI 5.1 will be the last operating system update.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

MNas04
Helping Hand
Options
There is no harm on updating your phone. Software updates are provided to fix any issues on your phone and any security issues. You can try the troubleshooting steps that @JAMES4578 said. I always do it and have no issues on my phone
Mango123
Pioneer
Options
I guess there is harm as it has happened to me before. But I accept it is unlikely and there are more benefits than drawbacks. I will just wait to make sure their are no big issues
MNas04
Helping Hand
Options
Your phone should be fine wants updated 👍
0 Likes
Should I update s20
First Poster
Options

0 Likes