Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scan Document badly Auto cropping - S20

(Topic created on: 25-07-2022 09:04 PM)
Debsd
First Poster
Options

have a samsung s20, which I've been using to scan lots of documents, up until recently this worked perfectly, I could change the corners and it would fix the perspective etc, it was great.

Until the last few days, I scan a document, set the corners and save, but the document that is saved is not the parts I selected, its like my phone just decided I didn't know what I want and that it knew better and decided itself what the corners should be, sometimes ending up in me only having 1/3 of the document I want.

I've restarted my phone, reset the camera defaults, deleted the camera cache - how do I convince my phone that I know where the corners are on the document better than it does?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Richmar83
Helping Hand
Options
I use Microsoft Lens as I find it to be more effective and produce documents in multiple formats.
0 Likes
Cyclebunny
First Poster
Options
My Samsung Galaxy S10+ no longer automatically scans a document when I use the camera. Is this due to updates or can I amend the settings somewhere?
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Cyclebunny 

Launch the Camera app.

Tap on the settings cog in the top Lh corner.

Tap on Scene Optomiser.

If the documents option is available then there will be a toggle saying Scan Documents.

Screenshot_20220729-063657_Camera.jpg

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
AngeloSmith
First Poster
Options

Problems with the Samsung S20 and its scanning function always need to be solved. Have you tried Samsung support to see if they have any suggestions or solutions? Also, you're looking for a more robust and reliable scanning solution. In that case, consider using a third-party app specializing in document scanning and OCR. I've been using Smart Engines for a long time, which uses advanced algorithms to provide automatic and eco-friendly scanning with increased accuracy and fewer errors. They also often have more options for adjusting angles and perspectives.

0 Likes
leticia94
First Poster
Options

One potential solution you could try is using a fake ID checker app, as these often have built-in scanning features that allow you to adjust the corners and perspective of your document manually. It may give you more control over the cropping process and ensure the document is saved exactly as you intended.
Additionally, you could check if any software updates are available for your phone, as this may address any issues with the scanning feature. If all else fails, reaching out to Samsung's customer support team is also a good option.
Good luck with your scanning endeavors, and I hope you find a solution that works for you!

0 Likes