Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung S20 FE WI-FI calling not working!

(Topic created on: 08-12-2020 07:31 PM)
Bob230
Student
Options

I have just opened my new phone today (Model SM-G781B/DS).

However, the WI-FI calling feature is not working. My Service provider does provide this function. I know this function works perfectly in my other more expensive S20 device . However, transferring the same SIM card into the cheaper

S20 FE device reveals that the Wi-Fi calling functions does not work!   

All android updates on the S20FE have been done, and the phone re-started. 

I note that the S20FE does have a WI-FI calling app pre-loaded on the phone - I have checked this and is currently activated, but still no indication of WI-FI calling. If this was working then a small phone handset logo with Wi-Fi logo above it appears.

WIFI calling log.JPG

Any ideas please? 

Many Thanks for your time, 

Bob.

0 Likes

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

This feature is indeed network driven so you'll need to ask your network if they support phones not purchased directly from them with this feature and if they do can they send some form of OTA configuration to get this set up.

Also check in any relevant Network App as the feature maybe in there and needs toggling On @Bob230 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

View solution in context

Solution
Bob230
Student
Options

That's brilliant and many thanks for your advice  - As per your advice,  I did call my provider (SMARTY mobile) who advised that their  Wi-Fi calling was currently being tested  and for the time being only being rolled out to  Certain handset models for now! So my Samsung S20 was compatible but the Samsung S20FE was Not compatible !! However, they said that eventually all phones with the WIFI functionality will be able to use their WIFI service as and when this is up and running fully.  

Regards,

Bob 

View solution in context

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

This feature is indeed network driven so you'll need to ask your network if they support phones not purchased directly from them with this feature and if they do can they send some form of OTA configuration to get this set up.

Also check in any relevant Network App as the feature maybe in there and needs toggling On @Bob230 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Solution
Bob230
Student
Options

That's brilliant and many thanks for your advice  - As per your advice,  I did call my provider (SMARTY mobile) who advised that their  Wi-Fi calling was currently being tested  and for the time being only being rolled out to  Certain handset models for now! So my Samsung S20 was compatible but the Samsung S20FE was Not compatible !! However, they said that eventually all phones with the WIFI functionality will be able to use their WIFI service as and when this is up and running fully.  

Regards,

Bob 

0 Likes