Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 Ultra restarting issue

(Topic created on: 13-07-2021 11:28 PM)
GF1O
Journeyman
Options
I can't believe this but, my S20 Ultra, a 1.2k mega phone, crashes and restarts itself after exiting Netflix. This has happened so many times and I have even re downloaded the app too. I shouldn't have to deal with this in 2021. This is quite embarrassing especially because it's supposed to be one of the most powerful phones of last year.

There are no hardware or software issues with my phone and the freeze and restart issue has happened with around 3 different software updates.

Also, the camera struggles to focus and I sometimes have to tap it 6 times to get it in focus. Obviously people already know this and I've just acknowledged it and moved on. The S20 Ultra is (and I still don't want to say it) the worst samsung flagship phone that I have had since the note 8. I have had the s8 and note 8, s9, s10 and note 10 before and none had this issue. 

The S21 Ultra is far superior but I wasted all my money on this phone that I have to now keep for 1 more year.

Please help if you can. I am very certain that my phone has perfect software with no issues. I repair phones and am a tech nerd. I have run diagnostic tests and benchmarking apps to see if my device was affected. All results were perfect. 

Thank you. 
Rant over.
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @GF1O 

If this was my situation I'd try the following.

• Clear the apps cache and data.
  • Contact the Netflix App Developer Support Team.
  • Delete the app from my Playstore MyApps Library as well as the phone after clearing the cache and data to download a fresh copy of the app.
  • Clear the phone's System Cache Files. Clear your phone's System Cache Files by turning your phone Off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phone's System Files and clear the cache. No information is lost this way. You may need to insert your headphones or hook upto a computer with your data cable to get to this menu on the phone. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ 
  • As a very last resort Back Up and Factory Reset. 
  • Visit a Samsung Experience Store or Samsung Service Centre for support.

I use the Netflix App on my Samsung N20 Ultra 256Gb 5G phone and haven't experienced this issue although bear in mind we all set up our phone's differently and have different apps etc.

Which software update are you on ? 

Perhaps send feedback via your Samsung Members App along with any app crashes logs so they can also look into this.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
No problem with camera or Netflix on my S20 ultra .. I did have the S21 ultra first but sent back to Samsung For full (£1329) refund within the 28 days returns as all it did was overheat and warning messages about heat , so hot could not hold phone , Which other users have said has happened with there s21 series . Not everyone but alot
Got a big discount with the S20 ultra £699 new direct from Amazon, £600 plus cheaper then the s21 ultra which as you know the s21 ultra does not come with charger , earphones and no micro SD card slot on phone and no 45 watt charging capability , Which The S20 ultra has them all
I've had the S20 ultra a few months now and never overheats and gets quick updates ( S20 ultra gets updates before the S21 ultra gets its update it's happened every month so far ) and no problems with the camera so maybe it's your phone or an app that's making your Netflix play up
0 Likes
Kris G
Voyager
Options

are you sure s21 is superior? just go the page designated for teh S21 series, it has just as many problems as the s20 lol

Huawei P8, Mate10Pro, P40Pro;
Samsung S20Ultra;
Xiaomi MiNote10;
0 Likes
PlantPot
Pioneer
Options
They are both pretty awful products for the money. My A32 work phone is far superior to my personal S20 which, like yours crashes regularly. For £250 I'll suck up whatever quirks it has. For £900 I'm really hacked off. Never buying another S series, just not worth the extra.
0 Likes
GF1O
Journeyman
Options
Update: I bought an s21 ultra about 2 months ago and now life is good lol.
0 Likes