Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 ultra green/white display

(Topic created on: 15-07-2021 04:47 AM)
LeeYon
Journeyman
Options

at first i notice flickering lines on my device specially when playing games. I ask the samsung support and instructed me to soft reset my phone. then it turned green and white display and overheat when stayed open for a while.

is it a screen problem or just an update issue?

181 REPLIES 181
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @LeeYon ,

that doesn't seem right to us. Is this happening with a game in particular? Does this affects any other apps and is the phone only overheating when you play games? 

0 Likes
LeeYon
Journeyman
Options

Hi.

There's no app in particular. It also happens in home screen. Maybe in other apps but not that noticable unlike when I am playing. 

The flickering started few days ago. maybe 2 or 3. The green display happened after reset. It is green even when the charging while the phone is off.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Are you able to share a screenshot or a video of this here? Can you try your phone in Safe Mode? Using Safe Mode on a Samsung phone or tablet allows you to force the device to run the essential operating system, and disable most 3rd party applications. It's designed as a diagnostic tool to help solve issues with connectivity, battery life, apps, and more. To do this press and hold the Power button until you see Power Off, Restart and Emergency. Press and hold the Power Off icon until it shows a Shield, tap the Shield and the device will restart in Safe Mode. Once done, monitor the device for two hours to see if the issue persists.

LeeYon
Journeyman
Options

I don't know how to share pictures or vids here.

I'll try that safemode later after securing my files.

Will update you about my progress. thank you.

0 Likes
LeeYon
Journeyman
Options

Hi I just did the factory reset and the issue still persist. 

0 Likes
LeeYon
Journeyman
Options

I

FB_IMG_1621668742723.jpg

i just had my device repaired. They replaced the screen together with the battery.

possible cause: device gets wet, pressured or dropped, software bug.

0 Likes
LeeYon
Journeyman
Options

At first it was just flickering lines until the tech told me to reset my phone. then it get worse to being white and green display. 

0 Likes
Eug84
Student
Options

My S20 Ultra just had this issue on 3 July. Did not drop it, did not get it wet, just turned it on and all I saw was a white and green screen. Have done a factory reset, but issue remains. 

Searched on YouTube and saw a few users reporting this issue since May.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdAlJF_-w4Q 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wM4_ufJS1w 

0 Likes
E-AR
Apprentice
Options

I'm experiencing the same issue. Mine started about three days ago. Did not drop it, not wet, not bent, not even a scratch on it. I woke the morning, opened my phone and there it was. I've tried all kinds of tips and magic tricks but nothing help. The screen came back to normal after some time but and I was able to use it for few hours and then it went back. For the last three days, it's been behaving inexplicably. It's sometimes completely white out and sometimes with scan lines. Sometimes when I'm lucky I can make out the contents on the screen and when I touch it, it responds. 

I noticed when this happens, the touch is working and the phone opens random apps and take screenshots on its own (lots of screenshots). It's as if the phone has a mind of its own.

I have the Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G
Model number: SM-G988U
One UI: 3.1
Android Version: 11 
Kernel Version: 4.19.113.21577069 #1 Thu May 13 2021 
Google Play Update: June 1, 2021
Security Enhancements: Thu May 13, 2021
Knox Version: 3.7; API Level 33; TIMA 4.1.0; DualDAR 1.3.0; HDM 2.0-F

Service Provider: AT&T
Security Version: MDF v3 R6

Android Patch Level: June 1, 2021

That's all. I can't wait to hear what Samsung has to say about this. In the meantime, I'm just going to get a replacement through the insurance.