Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S20 Ultra Dual SIM phone showing wrong number under "This Phone"

(Topic created on: 08-09-2020 09:05 AM)
peterwbaker1100
Apprentice
Options

Just moved an EE pay monthly SIM from my old Samsung S9 to a S20 Ultra, everything works (which is nice!) and I can make/receive calls/SMS using my contract/number. 

However under "This Phone" which looks like it is locked to SIM 1 it is showing a different mobile number - and I can't edit it...  Any ideas how I get the phone to understand the SIM number?  Thanks, Peter

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Aoshea
Journeyman
Options
Simply, you can't. The number you're seeing under the SIM is the number originally assigned to that SIM card, when you transfered your number it registers on the network as your number but the SIM card still registers its original number. Its very annoying, especially as it also records this number in you my contacts profile too.

View solution in context

Solution
peterwbaker1100
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the replies, have ordered another SIM from EE, lets see if that fixes it...  Peter

View solution in context

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Solution
Aoshea
Journeyman
Options
Simply, you can't. The number you're seeing under the SIM is the number originally assigned to that SIM card, when you transfered your number it registers on the network as your number but the SIM card still registers its original number. Its very annoying, especially as it also records this number in you my contacts profile too.
ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options
I had the same issue when I ported my number from Three to EE it showed the original sim cards phone number luckily I had an old blackberry and sim converter adapter and I was able to change it on the blackberry I believe this also works with iPhone's too failing that you'll be unable to change it
Solution
peterwbaker1100
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for the replies, have ordered another SIM from EE, lets see if that fixes it...  Peter

0 Likes
Malbronk
Student
Options
Did ordering a new sim fix the problem?
0 Likes
peterwbaker1100
Apprentice
Options

Hi, yes it did weirdly enough, EE could not really explain why...  But it did:-) Peter

Malbronk
Student
Options
Cool, thanks, I'll give it a try
0 Likes
gh0st3kk
Student
Options

Hi All,

I change phone from S9 to S20 FE 5G, also change provider from Three to EE. I had the same problem because all SIM cards has its own assigned number.  

I thought to reset the phone because when I started it for the first time Samsung asked me "what phone number do I have" and I entered the new one from the EE network before the PAC code transfer. I think if I entered the old number it would be OK. Unfortunately, you have to reinstall our applications if decide to reset phone 😕

If you decide to get a new SIM card from a new provider, you will get it with the assigned number and it will display the correct number because it has one and there was no previous use of the PAC code. You can ask for a new card :smiling-face:

My son had an iphone 6, I inserted my EE card, went to contacts, changed "my iphone number", saved. After re-inserting the SIM card into the new phone, it shows me correctly. Apparently, this can also be changed in Blackberry phones.

In summary, there are 3 ways:
1. Reset the phone and enter the correct number when Samsung asking
2. Purchase/Request of a new SIM card after PAC code transfer
3. Insert SIM card into iphone 6/blackberry phones and change in contacts.

gh0st3kk
Student
Options

Because the new SIM card has already arrived with the correctly assigned number you requested after the PAC code transfer.