Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 Ultra Camera Issue - Still NOT fixed

(Topic created on: 04-01-2022 03:32 PM)
Dpx
Pioneer
Options
Hello,

I first posted about the S20 Ultra camera issues last year on 29/05/2021 - please see original thread below...

However, since my original post, I can confirm my camera is still terrible at focussing having tried all the suggested solutions. I am completely disappointed with the lack of support and interest from the Samsung Team including the R&D members as absolutely nothing has been done to resolve these issues. 

I am very confident it IS a software issue has prior to my original post, the camera was absolutely flawless and became ineffective after an update.

Anyway, I thought I'd have a browse through the community posts and I was not surprised to see multiple members complaining of the same issues as recent as Dec 2021. You would think this would warrant the R&D team to look into this given the amount of people bringing it to light but nope, 7 months on and nothing.

We all bought a phone costing £1,199 with the expectation of having a top tier camera. We should NOT be needing to tap/shake our phones to do something as simple as capture a crisp, focussed shot. It's unacceptable and completely embarassing for Samsung especially when you're up against competitors like iPhone, Google Pixel and OnePlus. There's no room for it. What's more embarassing is the fact the same issue seems to be occuring in the S21 model.

I doubt there will be a fix for this camera. I have lost hope and I am sure many of you also have. I just thought I'd share my frustrations like everyone else, in the hopes it may save someone from purchasing this device and causing them the same issues too. 
4 REPLIES 4
HM9K
Pioneer
Options
have you tried zooming into the moon at night yet? ik it sounds pointless but if the phone cant capture an image of the moon then it is indubitably a software issue
0 Likes
Dpx
Pioneer
Options
The camera is blurred upon opening meaning a lot of us can't take a normal, crisp picture at the default 1x zoom (other zoom levels are also affected - please see original thread above). I think that is more concerning than being able to focus on something thousands of miles away, no?
HM9K
Pioneer
Options
you visted a repair shop right? maybe its a hardware compatability issue
0 Likes
Dpx
Pioneer
Options
Nah, I gave up. You're right in that it could be faulty hardware. Maybe there is an issue with the quality of the lenses? Or maybe something gets stuck and doesn't work properly? Multiple members on here have said you need to tap/shake the device to get it to focus and it does work. But, it's not what you'd expect to do for a phone that costs over £1,000. I appreciate your suggestion though 👍🏼