Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20+ UK: dual SIM?

(Topic created on: 07-07-2020 09:01 PM)
Mistermark
Explorer
Options

I'm thinking of getting an S20+ on Vodafone in the UK. According to Samsung's website it will have dual SIM capability. Is this definitely correct?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
CrazyTom2k2
Helping Hand
Options
Hey there Mistermark!

Good choice on choosing an S20! (Don't forget to claim your free Galaxy Buds if you go ahead! 😉) The S20+ is dual SIM capable, and it also supports the use of an eSIM. If you can get one of your physical SIMs converted to an eSIM, you can even use a combo of 1 eSIM + 1 PhysSIM + a microSD.

Hope this helps you,
Tom 😉

View solution in context

6 REPLIES 6
Solution
CrazyTom2k2
Helping Hand
Options
Hey there Mistermark!

Good choice on choosing an S20! (Don't forget to claim your free Galaxy Buds if you go ahead! 😉) The S20+ is dual SIM capable, and it also supports the use of an eSIM. If you can get one of your physical SIMs converted to an eSIM, you can even use a combo of 1 eSIM + 1 PhysSIM + a microSD.

Hope this helps you,
Tom 😉
Mistermark
Explorer
Options

@CrazyTom2k2 wrote:
Hey there Mistermark!

Hope this helps you,
Tom 😉

Thanks 😀. What's an eSIM? I like the idea of being able to use two networks plus a microSD card. Also do you know whether a S20+ supplied by Vodafone UK would be unlocked to allow a second SIM (I'm thinking of a local number when abroad, for incoming calls).

0 Likes
CrazyTom2k2
Helping Hand
Options
No problem! Just glad I could help! 🙂

An eSIM is kinda like a normal SIM. except instead of getting a SIM pack, you'll get given a pack with a QR code. If you scan the QR code, that's pretty much the equivalent of sticking a SIM in. The beauty of it is upyou've got a free SIM slot, and in the unlikely event you ever get your phone nicked, the thieves can't take your eSIM out 😉. If you've already got a SIM you want to keep using, you should be able to do an eSIM swap. Vodafone's page about eSIMs - https://support.vodafone.co.uk/Mobile-plans-Pay-as-you-go-SIM/SIM-card/1464047352/How-do-I-activate-...

In terms of unlocking, I'm with O2, but I think it's the same for other networks. Your phone should come unlocked as standard, it's been that way for a while. The best way to test it's just to give it a go, but if you're phone comes locked, you can unlock it here - https://www.vodafone.co.uk/vodafone-uk/forms/unlock-code-request/.

Hope that didn't blow your mind too much,
Tom 😁
0 Likes
Mistermark
Explorer
Options
Thanks Tom, that's really helpful information. I'd definitely like an eSIM! Will contact Vodafone about this in the next couple of days.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Unfortunately Vodafone Uk do not support an eSim apart from the Apple watch @Mistermark 

Vodafone do supply the Dual Sim Hybrid varient but if you ever want to unlock it to all network's then ensure you get both sim slots unlocked as they have two imei numbers.

I also agree with @CrazyTom2k2  it's a nice phone. :smiling-face:

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

CrazyTom2k2
Helping Hand
Options
Darn it! Thanks for that @BandOfBrothers, my bad