Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S20 Fe correct pattern entered, but phone states it's a wrong password

(Topic created on: 10-08-2021 02:26 PM)
Amethyst
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I have a Samsung S20 fe that was dropped and seriously damaged.

It wouldn't turn on and the battery was broken. The chassis is bent. 

I took it to a shop who said that they were unable to fix due to the extensive damage. Samsung support said that they would delete the data if I send it into repair.

Silly me forgot to back up the data which have precious memories 

Now the thing is, it is not letting me get past the unlock pattern screen. I'm entering it correctly as I've always done and it just doesn't open

Further more, I had to enter a pin code prior to seeing the second unlock screen.

Please, does anyone have any idea of what to do? 

0 Likes
17 REPLIES 17
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
https://findmymobile.samsung.com/

If your device is registered... you should be able to log in and remove any pins or locks... once you have done that you have a chance of linking the damaged unit to a PC or laptop to copy or move pics, videos and documents.

There's also a chance you've got your set up backed up to Samsung cloud...

A chance maybe your media files are backed up to Google photos or One Drive...

Hope it all works out for you.

From your damage description you may want to claim on any possible insurance and pay the excess fee if it covers damage etc... I would imagine the repair cost will be massive for what you've stated.
0 Likes
Amethyst
Apprentice
Options

Hi, thanks for replying. 

I have attempted to use the link you provided and it just shows me that my phone isn't connected to a network and I can't unlock it as I've already requested to lock it. I don't know why that is.

It's turned off now as it's completely dead 😢😢

0 Likes
Amethyst
Apprentice
Options

Screenshot_20210810_164256_com.android.chrome.jpg

0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
When you attempted to log in... was the phone switched off?

I think it needs to be on with a WiFi or data connection for the Find My Phone feature to locate the phone...

I'm not sure about the request to lock it part...

I'm hoping your media is backed up to a cloud... and I'm guessing there's no SD card...
0 Likes
Amethyst
Apprentice
Options

Okay. I'll try to charge it but highly doubt that it will charge. It is completely drained and the screens just gone.

Erm, it was on and then it flickered and turned off. The screen is damaged too so there is no way I can see anything. 

Well, my media was backed up a couple of months ago, my recent pictures aren't there 😢😢 

I just hope that I can do something about it as my newborns pictures are on there. 

Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Okay... yeah try to charge it for a while... try get some good amount of power in there. It might be a bit intermittent where it may at times come on for a bit then go off. If that's the case you may have windows of opportunities to have the phone connected to the Internet then remove the lock.

Might be several attempts to go through it... if you manage to get that pattern lock off then it might be a case of repeatedly connecting the phone to a PC or Laptop to see if its readable to copy the data.

It's good you got some stuff back but now I understand cause of the new born pics and vids. If you sent many things to family it maybe a case of getting them sent back to you or maybe your WhatsApp backup may have backed up the media. So many options... but let's see how it goes.
0 Likes
Amethyst
Apprentice
Options

I just don't understand why Samsung would delete all data just to repair it.

But yeah thanks for responding. I will see what I can do.

0 Likes
Kimmy2
Pioneer
Options
Do you not have an old phone or tablet that you could log into with your email ect to see if you could restore from a back up. That way you will know what you have backed up 😉
0 Likes
Amethyst
Apprentice
Options

Hey

I looked to see what I had backed up and it is only my old pictures from March this year.

4 months content that I haven't got now or cannot gain access as i highly doubt that I will be able to gain access to my phone again. 

0 Likes