Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Problems with Mobile Data on the new Update on S20 FE.

(Topic created on: 03-01-2021 08:34 AM)
S3pehr
Student
Options
Did the new S20 update mess with mobile data connections? I can't connect to mobile data after the One UI 3 update. Made sure it was not a SIM provider error. Tried factory reset, network settings reset, reboots and manual APN input. None of them worked. Any help?
I have the S20 FE 5G and my service provider is Three.
16 REPLIES 16
Solution
Rob1257
Pioneer
Options
you can go to network settings and it to 2g 3g wait for a little bit then move up to the next one wait then up again sometimes works or just change your sim over to sim 2 side remove sd card that works
S3pehr
Student
Options
life saver.
0 Likes
FredPomroy
Explorer
Options
l have done the same as Rob,and now have a data connection, however each time you turn the phone off you will have to repeat the setting up again,like yourself l spent 2 days and numerous calls to customer support ,l can only suggest that all of us affected by this problem keep contacting Samsung for a fix
Rob1257
Pioneer
Options
also headphones only work once on bluetooth my ear pods only work after a restart I also have a bluetooth headband which I us for my tinnitus only works after a phone restart once think samsung got some work to do I've sent the the info just hop it gets sorted on the next update
0 Likes
Jamze
Pathfinder
Options

I'm on Three with an S20 FE and have noticed it doesn't seem as good getting mobile signal now I've upgraded. There are places music streaming buffers where it never used to when I drive about. My guess is the same - it's not establishing a connection to 2G/3G as quickly when LTE goes.

Galaxy S22 Ultra
Galaxy Book2 Pro 360
Galaxy Tab S7
Galaxy Buds2 Pro
0 Likes
sheplfc74
Helping Hand
Options
It's happened to all of us, go to connection settings, select 3g/2g only, you will get Internet, then select LTE/3g/2g and thats as far as you will get unless your perm in a 5G area, im with 3 and had same thing, this is how I'm managing and waiting for new update, send a report it, the more that do it the sooner they send update, hope this helps.
BryterLayterII
First Poster
Options
These fixes didn't work for me. I've had to send my device back to Samsung to get it sorted out.
0 Likes
Roselife
First Poster
Options

The recent update on Jan 19, 2021 messed up the data connection of my S20 FE.  After the update, the Mobile Data Button disappeared. I have no data connection any more. Went to my mobile service provider, was told the IMEI number of my phone is not compatible.  What the hell?!  I was using this phone since last November with the same SIM card. After the update, it just all of sudden is no longer working with my cellphone provider.   What's included in this stupid update? Now I am concerning to update this phone any more. Who knows what the software updates will kill! 

Anyone has similar issue? 

Artful
Journeyman
Options
I have just brought my s20 fe and when I try to go onto the Internet using mobile data I can get 3 different error messages before the Web page loads also some of my apps won't work they say no Internet connection but everything is fine in WiFi. I have tried the above fixes but it is still happening. do you think this could be connected to the update?
0 Likes