Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor build samsung s20 pro

(Topic created on: 27-04-2023 08:42 PM)
Aman007
First Poster
Options
Hi Guys, not sure if anyone had that experience with Samsung s20 pro. I purchased this phone with 2 years accidental warranty where my phone got repaired by samsung charging me access for £50 replace glass screen. This phone was always in Samsung original flap which clearly failed to do it's job. Anyways after few days of repair the phone slipped from my pocket while sitting in car and screen smashed again from such a short distance. Fortunately it ws again in the Samsung original flip clover. Samsung claims their screen to be strong enough but honestly I had 2 instance in 2 year where it has failed. I am out of repair warranty now and would like to formally complain about this product with poor build quality. Can somone guide me how to reach the right team with this complain. Thanks. Aman
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I kinda have to agree, you can't blame others for you dropping your phone. Be it accidental or clumsiness.

I once dropped my phone 3 times in one year with no insurance, I just had to repair it at my cost, could have almost brought a new phone with the repair cost.

such as life, I have been super careful since then

P. S. Toughen glass doesn't make it invincible
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
I never go with the next model. From s7 to a s10 then onto a s21 my next planned phone is going to be a s48.
0 Likes
Aman007
First Poster
Options
Guys I think u are big fan for Samsung. Point is that thr screen is so fragile that it can break with cover on.. This is a poor design where u have curved screen. I never had issues with my old samsung and dropped several time even without cover. I am not the only one who have to say I am sure.

I agree u have to be careful but you can't treat phones like fragile babies as they meant to be strong.
0 Likes
Aman007
First Poster
Options
Most of the response are from Samsung team so no point of forums and post
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Hi.

I use a protective case from Uag which is a Monarch Kevlar Case.

Other cases may provide a degree of drop protection and scratch protection but sometimes a phone can still suffer external or internal damage depending on what surface it drops onto and what angle it hits.
It's not always how high.
Sometimes we're just unlucky.
This can happen to any manufacturer of phone.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Libb
MegaStar
Options

Which cover have you had? Flip or only on the back? If not flip, the screen is unprotected. Mobile phones aren't designed for falling down, they are fragile devices. The phone could drop on a pebble, there is no way how to protect it from that. You can use a hydrogen screen protector which helps protecting also for dropping directly on the screen but as all protectives, also this is agains comfort.

Xiaomi 14 Ultra White | Samsung Galaxy Tab S9 256GB
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro | Samsung Galaxy Buds / Buds2 / Buds2 Pro

0 Likes
Aman007
First Poster
Options
0 Likes