Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening Apps "pasting from clipboard"

(Topic created on: 15-10-2022 05:48 PM)
PosXanTivity
Explorer
Options
Hi, 

I have a Samsung Galaxy S20 Ultra running Andoid 12 and One Ui version 4.1 for a while now, I have noticed that some of my apps when I open them pop up with a little notification as the bottom saying "*App Name* pasted from your clipboard". I have included an example in the attached image when opening Terabox. Does anyone know what this means? Should I be worried? Or how to stop it if so? I use a password manager so never have passwords copied but I do sometimes copy my card number from banking app, email addresses etc. Although I don't understand where the apps could be pasting to.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I don't know terabox, I wouldn't use it if I don't know what's its doing
0 Likes
PosXanTivity
Explorer
Options
Terabox is a cloud storage. I've used it for quite some time now. But It's not just Terabox, some other apps do it too.
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Oh I have never seen that before, I have a S22U now but had S20 and S21 Ultra and never seen that

Maybe someone else has seen this before
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @PosXanTivity. I'm not sure why these particular apps are accessing your clipboard. 

However, the alert you are seeing is an Android 12 feature and just lets you see which apps are accessing your clipboard - and lets you decide whether that is warranted on a case-by-case basis. It gives you a degree of control.

Apparently, all Android apps have the facility to read your clipboard, and it may be needed for their own functionality in some instances. 

To find the setting (and toggle it off, should you wish to do so), please head to Settings > Privacy > and look for the toggle Alert when clipboard accessed.

StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
Also clear your clipboard regularly you'd be surprised what data people copy and paste without thinking its actually stored not just till you paste it. I certainly wouldn't copy and paste bank details.
PosXanTivity
Explorer
Options
Thanks!