cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting software update

(Topic created on: 02-03-2022 07:29 PM)
Apprentice
Options
My s20 ultra 5g has not been got a single software update or security update since 1 February 2021. Can I get some advice why this is happening. I have factory reset my phone and nothing. Try contacting Samsung and they not helping. Any thing would be great. 
Thanks 
27 REPLIES 27
Apprentice
Options
Brought phone from Amazon Screenshot_20220303-055727_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
The code at the end is XSG, this is the CSC for United Arab Emirates, which means your phone was originally made for use in that country. It won't pull through OTA updates if it is being used in another country, that is why you haven't received any updates here in the UK, I assume you are in the UK as the other codes BTU are UK.
0 Likes
Apprentice
Options
@Ksmy89 yes I am from the UK. How do I fix this problem? Without flashing the phone. Can't lose my data😂
0 Likes
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
I have changed a phones CSC code before using SamKey which you have to buy credits for but if you are still on Android 11 there is a free method you can try with Google phone dialler app - you need to change it to BTU code.

https://youtu.be/njjp9V8Sz-g

In both cases, make sure to back your phone up in settings and any photos etc to an sd card or PC first!
0 Likes
Apprentice
Options
Thank you ksmy89 and everyone for you help. It's it easy to change the BTU code via the phone dailer app and will I lose my data? Will this allow me to get genuine software update from Samsung and nothing rooted
0 Likes
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
Sorry my mistake, its android 10 you need to be on to use the Google phone dialler method. So SamKey will be the only way to change the CSC code so you can then get regular and genuine OTA updates from Samsung. SamKey is a windows program so you'd need access to a PC and as mentioned before buy credits, I got mine from eBay previously.

Another option would be to use Odin to load the latest software but you would have to do this manually every time a new update is released.
Apprentice
Options
Thank you. Might just leave it. Cant be without my phone for work and stuff 😂
0 Likes
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
I guess the other option is to treat yourself to a new phone 😁 it's best to buy direct from Samsung or a network provider, or even retailers like currys, very, John Lewis etc to save having this issue again in the future. Anyone can sell on eBay and amazon.
0 Likes
Apprentice
Options
Hahaha. I only had this phone for year😂😂. Like I brought 2 other s20 ultra from the same seller and no issue. Getting all the updates 🤷🏻
0 Likes
Ksmy89
Troubleshooter
Options
Would the interesting to see what the CSC codes are for the other ones!
0 Likes