Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My phone does not charge after one ui 5 update

(Topic created on: 14-11-2022 08:54 PM)
AliMuhammad
Apprentice
Options
I just updated my phone to one ui 5 and now it stopped charging. Before the update everything was working perfectly.

But now after the update my phone does not charge using cable but does charge using wireless charger.

I tried restarting the phone few times, let the phone charge while powered off but nothing it does not charge using cable.

My phone is S20 plus 5g
10 REPLIES 10
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Sounds as if the cable is not working properly, do you have another cable to see if the phone charges OK.?
0 Likes
AliMuhammad
Apprentice
Options
Yes I tried with different cables chargers, and I also cleaned the port just I case it was dirty but no it still does not charge
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @AliMuhammad  Just wondering,are you using official Samsung chargers? Can you run the Diagnostic tests within Samsung Members, go to  Samsung Members-Support-Diagnostics and run the Test for Cable charging via Battery Status.

if no error shows up there  run in Safe Mode and try charging, Sometimes can be an issue with some 3rd party apps which are disabled . Press and hold the Power Button until the Safe Mode option is displayed. More detail on troubleshooting here : https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/what-to-do-if-your-phone-is-not-charging/ 

However I am aware that in the past some customers found a solution to cable charging issues by wiping the cache partition.  Steps as follows:

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
AliMuhammad
Apprentice
Options
I tried to get in to recovery mode but it does not load up the recovery it just boots back to android
0 Likes
Members_5ZYXBCh
First Poster
Options

Same, I've got an A71 and an S20 fe 5G, BOTH having charging issues after the latest update (oneui 5/android 13).

What a MESS.

0 Likes
emlddgs
Apprentice
Options
I have the same problem with a a52 after the one ui update. I now get a warning that it is in slow charging mode or that it won't charge. I have used both a samsung charger & cable and a non Samsung cable. My wife noticed the same issue with her phone which had the same one ui update also while on holiday too.
H_J
First Poster
Options

Same here, I also have an a71 and it has completely stopped charging aftrt getting one ui5/android 13. Tried changing chargers but nothjng has worked. considering so many of us have the same issue, we should be eligible for some sort of compensation!

0 Likes
Members_VeD39Q7
First Poster
Options

I also have charging problems since the One UI 5.0 update - Initially, it would not charge at all unless the phone was restarted - and then only normal charging not fast charging! - I have tried several combinations for chargers and cables but still only charges as normal not fast or super fast 😞 

Please issue a fix ASAP!

Members_c3ENsaS
First Poster
Options

Have the same problem. The phone charges for a while whenever I restart it and then stops. Changing the battery and charging port did not solve the problem.