Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mic issues

(Topic created on: 12-04-2021 11:59 AM)
Indee
First Poster
Options
Whenever I press speaker while on a phone call the person I'm speaking to can no longer hear me unless I'm right next to the phone. If I go more than a foot away from the phone then the person on the phone can not hear and just under a foot away they say it sounds like I'm under water. I've had my Samsung S20 Ultra for 2 months and it's been an issue for the get go. 

I upgraded from a Samsung S8+ and I spoke on speakerphone for almost 4 years with that phone with no issue and I was able to be 6 foot away and the caller on the phone could hear me alright but with this "upgraded"phone the mic seems to be crap. Can anyone help?
0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11
CarlH
Options

Hi @Indee. Is this on standard calls or an app such as WhatsApp? Does it happen when you make the call, when somebody calls you or both? 

0 Likes
Indee
First Poster
Options
It happens on all occasions; WhatsApp (incoming and outgoing) and standard calls (incoming and outgoing)
0 Likes
TechnoSteve
Explorer
Options
Do you use a case or clear body case, be careful it could obstruct the mic
0 Likes
Henry3585
Explorer
Options
Restsrt your phone
0 Likes
Indee
First Poster
Options
I have a case but this issue happens with or without a case. The person on the call also says that I sound like I'm under water. I think the phone is just faulty
0 Likes
TechnoSteve
Explorer
Options
It sounds like the phone but have you checked there are know network issues in your area, have you set your phone to prefer making WiFi calls just in case its trying to use your mobile data and maybe not receiving a good signal. Just try 1 more thing, put your phone into flight mode, switch your WiFi back on, and then call a friend just using WiFi. If it doesn't go through check to make sure you have WiFi calling on and in mobile settings check the box for preferred WiFi calling. If know different then I would suggest the phone. Good Luck 🤞🏾
0 Likes
Indee
First Poster
Options
@TechnoSteve I'm in an area today where the network is very weak and I can see from the call log that some of my phone calls were made with WiFi calling so that works. Usually I'm in a location that has a strong 5g signal and that's where I first noticed the issue in posting about. I have this mic issue no matter if I'm making a WhatsApp call, WiFi call or a normal network call.
0 Likes
TechnoSteve
Explorer
Options
I would book the phone in for repair, not sure if the home repair service does hardware issues. Please make sure you follow another users advice by resetting the phone to factory default and trying it before restoring the apps, if problem still there then go for repair......... Before you reset your phone make sure it is fully backed up, back up manually in each account especially Samsung and Google account.
0 Likes
Indee
First Poster
Options
Thanks a lot, I'll try the factory reset
0 Likes