Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Letter tabs missing from Contacts

(Topic created on: 17-06-2022 05:02 AM)
Tarquin
Journeyman
Options

Galaxy S20+ - Alphabet letter tabs missing from Contacts after Android 22 One UI 4.0 update. No letters of the alphabet on the right side of Contacts that would allow you to quickly jump to desired contact section.

14 REPLIES 14
Solution
Tarquin
Journeyman
Options

Just found the solution. Run your finger along the right side of Contacts and the tab letters will appear.

Looks like this is a design change. 

theonekel
First Poster
Options

This is not a solution.  I don't want dots, I want the letters back. Does anyone know how to get the letters back? 

Ged1968
Journeyman
Options

If you press and hold the dots the letter appears. I've only just found this out myself. It's actually really good once you've seen it.

Members_XjEAv3Z
First Poster
Options

Same for me, I want the letters back too! I can see now that the letter will appear if I do as suggested by others but it isn't anywhere as good an option as being able to see the alphabet in full as it used to be. Let's hope on a future update this is re-instated!!!

Members_ooznR94
First Poster
Options

I know before you just used to tap the letter you needed instead of having to scroll to it 🙄

Tarquin
Journeyman
Options

Kinda sucks but I got accustomed to scrolling now. Tabs would be better tho. 

DWD
Apprentice
Options

But how do you know where to tap?  If you make a guess, it takes you to the hidden letter such as J.  Why wouldn't it be better to see the K that I was looking for?  Sorry , that's a question for Samsung, not you. 

DWD
Apprentice
Options

And it was annoying enough that you had to tap the screen to bring up the alphabet in the first place.  Now it's been "improved" but you still have to tap.  The dots mean nothing.

Tarquin
Journeyman
Options

It's not ideal but it's all we have to work with at the moment. Hopefully Samsung will come to their senses and reinstate the tabs but I am not holding my breath. Don't know what was their justification for removing them in the first place and  it did not make the user experience better.