Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue after update: non-stop pop up - faster richer higher quality chat on wifi or data

(Topic created on: 05-09-2021 02:30 PM)
geekywilly
Pioneer
Options

I did the latest update to my phone this morning, now I have a non-stop message coming up.  The message is: faster richer higher quality chat on wifi or data. 

I know this is related to the enhanced chat and I've tried turning it off about 100 times. It will not go away! Even while typing this post it popped up! 

Samsung,  please fix this. It is maddening!!!

94 REPLIES 94
geekywilly
Pioneer
Options

How did you contact support. I'll report this to them as well. 

geekywilly
Pioneer
Options

It isn't an ad.  It's a system program of some kind. Though I did go in to Google and my phone settings and disabled every ad feature I could find. Nothing resolves it. 

geekywilly
Pioneer
Options

My Samsung tablet and phone both do this. My non Samsung andriod devices do not. It's clearly a Samsung issue. 

iAmFAUST
First Poster
Options

Same I came for this reason too and it is annoying.  I almost want to drop Samsung and anything Google all together over this bs. 

Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Try the second method here https://messages.google.com/disable-chat
0 Likes
Baron54
First Poster
Options

I got rid of it.  I had previously hit continue without agreeing and it kept popping up.  This time on my S20 I hit agree.  Then I went to settings> apps>I hit the settings app>storage>cache>clear cache.  I then restarted the phone and it was gone.  I have yet to notice anything different with messaging but if I do I will repost.  Hope this takes some anxiety out of your weekend.

geekywilly
Pioneer
Options

Thanks I'll look into this. It's actually now becoming a safety concern when I drive. Because the pop up happens it interrupts my navigation app. 

0 Likes
Members_QZXyFzH
First Poster
Options

I removed google mail app and the issue was gone! I think we should all do this to send a clear message to google. You can still access your email online on your phone. And Samsung should this update from google

0 Likes
geekywilly
Pioneer
Options

I don't use the Google messenger program. This is happening in the default Samsung message program. 

0 Likes
geekywilly
Pioneer
Options

Nope, didn't work. After I restarted the phone the pop up appeared immediately. 

Screenshot_20210905-093545_Google Play services.jpg

 I need a Samsung rep to reply with a solution.