Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Wi-Fi keeps turning off

(Topic created on: 27-02-2022 09:20 AM)
91antoniolopez
Explorer
Options
Hi 👋 mi wifi keep turning off by it self i have use all my data a few times without realising. To try to fix it i have done the following with not resolve.

1Check Mobile Network Mode
2 check the battery otimatition settings 
3 Forget and reconnect to network
4 Reboot your phone and router
5 Reset network settings
6 Factory Reset the phone

Issue still there 

Now i use bixby routine to keep wifi 😒 on
0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
My mother in law also had this problem with her note 20 ultra. Turns out after the last update turn on WiFi automatically was no longer on. Double check in connections - press the 3 dots in top corner, go to advanced. It will be in there.
91antoniolopez
Explorer
Options
Hi, thanks. It is on, the problem I got is it keeps turning off automatically.
AndrewL
Options

@91antoniolopez: Can you try heading to Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Wi-Fi Control History, and check to see if any apps have turned your Wi-Fi off. If you find anything that corresponds with your issue, and it is a third party app, then you may wish to uninstall it to prevent future occurrences. 

Further to the above, please head to Settings > Connections > Data Usage > Mobile Data Only Apps, and either toggle this option off, or remove any apps that you use frequently while connected to Wi-Fi. Let me know how you get on. 

91antoniolopez
Explorer
Options
Hi thanks, Andrew.
No luck, control history is only Bixby that I'm using as a fix.
And Mobile Data Only Apps is toggled off.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@91antoniolopez: Can you also try heading to Settings > Connections > Wi-Fi > 3 dot > Advanced > Switch To Mobile Data > Off > Wi-Fi Power Saving Mode > Off. If the connection continues to drop, try connecting to another Wi-Fi network, a friend or family members, to see if the issue persists, as this will help to determine if the problem lies with the phone or your current router. 

Johnchances
First Poster
Options

How? How do you use Bixby to keep wifi on? How did Samsung mess this up sooooooo bad? Internal wifi controller faults on Galaxy phones?

tree_house
Student
Options

Jan 2023 - just started having this issue yesterday.

Have tried ALL the recommended troubleshooting suggestions (except factory reset) and it's still happening.  Does anyone have a good solution?

Have:

• reset phone
  • reset router
  • gone through the wifi/advanced and switch everything off
  • uninstalled the last app that did an update (only 2 apps updated in the last day)
  • checked wifi control history - only two apps have access to switch wifi on/off 

argh!  can anyone please assist?

0 Likes
ShadowDrayote
First Poster
Options

Mine just started doing the same thing today. i'll get it turned on for just a moment and then it shuts off instantly or wont turn wifi on at all

0 Likes
Crazy Carl Felker
First Poster
Options

Here is what I have just discovered.  I had turned on in the advanced field of wifi that it would turn on and off automatically, when I first turned on this option I was not sure what it would do.  Now I see that this had caused me problems with my wifi being turned off and I just didn't see it or think about it.  I have copied the words for this option when you click on the 3 dots in the upper right hand corner of wifi.

I haveTurn Wi-Fi on/off
automatically
Turn on Wi-Fi automatically when
you're in places you use it frequently
and turn it off elsewhere.

0 Likes