Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Help please - "Google chat" spam

(Topic created on: 21-08-2021 10:13 AM)
Bichinha
First Poster
Options
My s20+ has just updated overnight and now I keep being spammed, literally every couple of minutes, by Google with a "chat features" which pops up on the screen to turn on..... so far I've managed to click "use without chart features" as I do not want or need chat features or rcs or whatever the heck it wants to call itself but the "agree" option is very large and is exactly by where you use your "buttons" by bottom of the screen so chances are most of us will click by error which is frankly... disgraceful. Any suggestions on how to stop this message from appearing? 
I can find options to disable it once you are using it but I don't want to accept it at all... I don't want to give permission for Google to check my contacts for what service they use... 

Any help please?

Go to solution
63 REPLIES 63
Laura G
Apprentice
Options

thanks for your reply. I have also gone to the Gmail app to ensure this was turned off and it already was so I'm not sure why I'm still getting the pop up

MrMikey1
First Poster
Options

Same issue here, disable gmail that is suppose to feature the chat does absolutely nothing. The spam keeps repeating about once per half minute or soo.

Its ridiculous how something like this can go live, Q&A is non existent? Just push whatever to the user and let it sort itself out? S20 ultra here. Will likely be my last Samsung phone or Android for that matter if this is the way the phone is suppose to behave.

When can we expect this annoyance to be remedied? Seems google and samsung DONT want users to update their phone software as each version adds more and more bloat and things like this!

Vinnie
Apprentice
Options

I'm having the exact same issue. I don't know what to do as I've tried everything listed in this conversation. I've uninstalled recent Gmail updates. I've disabled Gmail. I've disabled chat. This thing keeps popping up every few minutes. 

Laura G
Apprentice
Options

I didn't do any of the things listed really. I went into my Gmail and turned off chats and almost all notifications and that seemed to stop mine 

0 Likes
Foffgoogle
Explorer
Options

I'm having same problem. Spent 2hrs on phone with Samsung. They ended up restoring to factory settings. Still getting it. This is ridiculous. My phone has basically been rendered unusable. And to all those ppl out there saying just agree, this is a great function, you can kiss off. 

Foffgoogle
Explorer
Options

That's not the point. I don't agree to googles terms so...

Laura G
Apprentice
Options

Yeah unfortunately just agreeing also doesn't work. Just keeps giving people the same pop ups. Android needs to fix this 

0 Likes
Foffgoogle
Explorer
Options

Well great for you but I don't want it.. I sure don't agree to googles terms so I'm not installing it. That doesn't mean I should have to deal with this constant popup.

Laura G
Apprentice
Options

Don't shoot the messenger dude. This is a page for people looking for help. So if you don't want it I'm not sure why you came to this page

0 Likes
Foffgoogle
Explorer
Options

Nope didn't work

0 Likes