Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Needed Asap

(Topic created on: 01-12-2022 01:20 AM)
starshine
Pathfinder
Options
So I Have A Samsung Galaxy s20 And I Have Come Across In The System Apps A App I Don't Recognise.
After Doing Some Digging On Google Its Looking Like A Trojan App It's Called SVC Agent.
I Have Already Tried Uninstalling It But This Didn't Work Does Anyone Else Have Any Suggestions Please 
Thanks In Advance 
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

What happens when you go into Settings, Apps , Choose the app and try uninstallung it @starshine 

Does any notification pop up.

This link may help > https://fixyourandroid.com/about/svc-agent/ 

If you tap on the icon and choose show system Apps it should show to uninstall.

If not you may need to back up and factory reset however if the app is somehow baked into your back up you may need to set the phone up as new and not use your back up.

You can get your apps from the Playstore in your MyLibrary.

I'd also suggest to change all your passwords especially for sensative ones sjchbas Internet banking.

Remove passwords from your Samsung Pass section too.

If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Svc Agent is also installed on both mine and my partners s21 ultra. I don't think its the harmful suspicious trojan malware.
Found this on the Internet.
https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/1024504-svc-agent-android-malware-spyware-ransomware....
starshine
Pathfinder
Options
I tried to uninstall it but it won't let me and it has stated on Google exactly what you said about reset as it could be in my back up if I do a reset a well 😱 I'm so worried as I have just had identity fraud on my credit file as well
0 Likes
starshine
Pathfinder
Options
Thank you but now I'm even more confused as it wasn't on my phone before until now hence why I'm concerned it's suspicious
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
It is concerning, especially when you Google it. Only thing I can think of is to reset and start new. If it is still there in apps afterwards. Then it must be a harmless app that Samsung have installed.
AndrewL
Options

@starshine: While I don't know the exact function of SVC Agent, I have spoken with some of my colleagues, and they have confirmed that it is also present on their Samsung devices. As @Fiona26 has also verified that it is on her partners device, and her own, it is likely to be a standard feature of the Android OS. 

Options
S22 recovery menu
0 Likes
Options
Spent 3 hours talking to sa samsung live agents, because there both adamant svc.agent is malware I sent screenshot of it, demand I speak to samsung software developer but they continued to read of of Google what to do, I knew more than the agents