Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy S20 - Phone's been having problems after Android 12 update

(Topic created on: 24-01-2022 09:29 AM)
Members_36gjknU
Journeyman
Options

Hello,

I've been experiencing various problems since I updated my S20 to Android 12 last week. The phone randomly restarts itself all of a sudden, happened to me twice just by turning on flashlight or while scrolling social media. There are also cases where after the phone auto-restarts itself it doesn't let me into my locked app folder even with the right password, the only way to bypass this is by restarting the phone myself and then it works just fine with the same password it just declined. I've tried cleaning cache, just generally restarting the phone, and re-installing apps (Instagram for example logs me out every few hours out of my accounts). Did anyone else experience these issues? Have you found some solution? Will there be some hotfix?

34 REPLIES 34
David42
Student
Options
Since latest update my S20 is having battery problems. It shows 0% on screen despite being fully charged. Settings have not been altered and battery percentage is 'on' Any way I can rectify this please?
0 Likes
Members_b2sgy9J
Pioneer
Options

I guess you turned on the flashlight by pulling down the quick settings panel? Since the update when the panel is open I get a restart sporadically as well. I haven't been able to find the cause or to fix it yet... 

After the phone restarts I also have problems with some of my apps won't start unless I manually do a restart.

Members_36gjknU
Journeyman
Options

Yes, it was from the quick settings, which seems to be the main trigger. I was thinking if maybe I overloaded the phone with having several apps open but it happened even back-to-back after a restart when no app was running in the background. Quite the painful update. The phone definitely went from the best one I've used to 50/50 responsive.

0 Likes
Members_b2sgy9J
Pioneer
Options

Agree. I have a feeling that we won't have any other option than doing a factory reset which is quite bad since even with a Smartswitch backup you will have to reconfigure every single app... Still it would be nice to hear from a Samsung representative... 

RuthWillow
Explorer
Options
My s20+ is doing the same since the update.
kz66
Explorer
Options
Yes mines the same since the update wouldn't bother doing a factory reset I done it and made no difference, cleared cache etc still the same so annoying
Members_b2sgy9J
Pioneer
Options

Exactly what problem did you have that a factory reset did not fix? 

0 Likes
kz66
Explorer
Options
My issues since the update have been dropping WiFi refusing to connect also the random restarts out of nowhere when doing certain things example opening up the browser/ other apps it will randomly just turn off and restart or at times the apps just won't open up and if any have a pass code to get in using the biometrics that doesn't show up...
I've had this phone a year now and it's worked fine up until this recent update 😩
Members_b2sgy9J
Pioneer
Options

I also have random restarts especially when the quick settings menu is open, after a restart some apps won't open unless I do a manual restart. Biometrics won't show up in my two banking apps either. Sometimes they work after a restart but most of the time they don't. Good to know that a factory reset won't solve these problems...