Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did update but get message: update postponed

(Topic created on: 06-06-2022 05:25 AM)
NellyW
Apprentice
Options

I have a S20 FE. I did the suggested update (to Android 12?).  But i still get the message: update delayed/postponed (don't know the right english word, the language on my phone is dutch). I even did the update several times, but the message remains. What to do?

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

In your about phone does your software information show as the update has completed i.e shows Android ¹² ?

If so try a soft reboot by turning the phone Off and On.

If no joy then try > https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ You may need to insert your earphones or hook upto a powered On Laptop to access the Clear Partition Section. This may help with lag or stutters as this clears the phone of old/unused or broken cache files.There is also a Repair Apps option in the Menu System too. 

A very last resort back up and factory reset.

I wish you all the best.  :smiling-face: 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Make sure the phone is fully charged and plugged into mains power, the download may be corrupt too which is why it keeps failing. You may need to resort to clearing cache or a phone reset eventually as suggested by BandOfBrothers but anyway if you have a Windows PC, download smart switch for PC and connect the phone via USB. See if you can update it that way instead.
0 Likes