Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charging Query with A52

(Topic created on: 24-07-2021 02:20 PM)
WillGortoa
Apprentice
Options
Recently picked up the A52 and S20FE and wondering why and/or if there's a reason that the charger cables are slightly different?

The A52's is slightly shorter and almost half as thick again as the S20FE.

So, the question essentially is ... could we both use the same charger, or might that cause a possible issue/device damage? 🤔
4 REPLIES 4
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Maybe one allows for faster, quick charging than the other? Check this in the specs of each phone and see if they are different. A good website to check is GSMArena.com 😁
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
I believe you can use either one to charge either phone because both are type c cables. Difference in charging cables could be when the phones were released. S20 FE was released October 2020 and A52 was released in February/March 2021.
WillGortoa
Apprentice
Options
Thanks Maria. The chargers look, essentially, identical. It's simply the cable. I found a link to tech support - as I didn't initially see the responses in here! ☺️ - and there wasn't an immediate response, but generally concurred with your assumption in the end: both C-type cables, so should be fine.
WillGortoa
Apprentice
Options
Thanks Mr/Miss Snake. As you'll see in my response below, I think we're okay. But I'll check it out on that website too, out of curiosity. 👌🏼