Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Camera resolution - I can't find a way to change photo resolutions

(Topic created on: 01-04-2021 11:51 AM)
NigeE
Apprentice
Options

Can anyone tell me how to change the photo resolution on the Samsung Galaxy S20+?

I simply cannot find a way to do this! When I search for this I find lots of results showing how very easy it is to do, by just going into the camera, selecting the settings and then choosing a photo resolution. The problem is, whilst that option might've been there in the past, it's not there now! I just cannot find any way to select the resolution for photos I take (and I therefore can't control much space they'll use).

The settings must have changed with a software update, but where are they now? This sort of thing should be easy!

Go to solution
79 REPLIES 79
seutibu
Student
Options

@SAMSUNG fix the missing camera resolution options, this is brutal.. really terrible for the brand, I'm considering returning the phone now... Could lose a lot of business if this gets to large social media accounts..

Jayson
Journeyman
Options
Anyone get a fix yet
Jayson
Journeyman
Options
Latest update done and still no fix
Dominic74123
Journeyman
Options

I'm looking for a refund.. Trading standards state I have a case as the product is misleading  and now longer has the function I paid for.. At point of sale it had the resolution capability (£1300)

Gavin10
First Poster
Options
Totally agree with all comments here. Thought I was going mad! It's an utterly ridiculous change. I have to take around 40 photos to be inserted into a document and will now have to resize them all to do so.
Lionking19
Student
Options

Totally agree with the frustrations here. I have been using my OLD Samsung Note 5 phone for the last 5 years and the photo quality/resolution is much better than the photos taken from my new Samsung S20 FE. 

The settings in my old Note 5 to edit the camera resolution is still there (i just checked today).

but in the new Samsung S20 FE camera settings, there is NO option to edit the picture camera resolution (for both photos/videos). 

This is RIDICULOUS!!  I'm getting poor quality, pixelated images of only 2mb file size even when using FULL screen or 16:9 aspect ratio.  Changing the settings to Pro Mode also does not help!!  Photo image file size is still a pathetic 2mb and looks pixelated when i edit the photos using Photoshop.

Samsung,  FIX THIS PROBLEM NOW!!!!

Dukes01
First Poster
Options

I don't know if this helps at all but I believe I found a way to change it.

This worked on my S20 ultra 5g with all of the latest updates.

After you take a picture, open Gallery and tap on the picture you want to change the resolution on.

Tap the pencil icon at the bottom of the screen to open the editor then tap on the three dots at the top right of the screen to open the settings. Then tap resize and select desired resolution.

I hope this helps.

0 Likes
Lionking19
Student
Options

thanks for the tip. It is indeed useful.

However, the editor function that you described allows you to only downsize the images.

I have the opposite issue with my Samsung camera & images.

My images are too low resolution, coming out around 2mb in size no matter what camera settings i use.

This is ridiculous, as my images look blurry and pixelated when i try to edit in Photoshop.

i actually want my images to be BIGGER, around 6-8 mb size each. That was the settings i had in my old Note 5 and Galaxy S10 phone cameras when i could actually manually select the photo resolution and size.

AndrewL
Options

@Lionking19: Can you try opening the Camera app > Tap the cog symbol in the top left > Format and Advanced options > HEIF Pictures, and disable this feature to see if this helps?

0 Likes
Humpty
Journeyman
Options

This is a trend you will find in newer Samsung phones and updates. They want it so that any ***** can use the settings.

The only way around this is to use another camera app e.g Open Camera, which can expose those hidden resolutions..