Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bixby routien

(Topic created on: 11-05-2021 02:43 PM)
Starone
Pathfinder
Options
I tryed asking direct to samsung and got no sensible response but they suggested I try here.

Is there a way to switch the WiFi calling preference from mobile prefers to wifi prefers with a bixby routien as when I am at home I get 1 or 2 bars of mobile signal and during calls if on WiFi calling and mobile signal improves you get a break in the audio while it swaps to mobile and again when signal drops again a break as it goes back to wifi calling so want a routien to switch it to prefer wifi when home

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
SETTINGS/CONNECTIONS/WIFI...
Press the 3 dots (top, right), then ADVANCED.
Switch off SWITCH TO MOBILE DATA.

0 Likes
Starone
Pathfinder
Options
I can do it manually but was looking to see if there was a way to have a bixby routien do it when I am home
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
There doesn't seem to be a suitable Bixby routine. You could do it using Tasker.
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
If you have the 'Good Lock' app that Samsung released for customisation (or are able to download it) there was a Bixby Routines + released just the other day on my phone. Once downloaded it just adds a few extras advanced options onto Bixby Routines.

I recon this could be done by going to 'Plug-In' and attempting it via a 'Touch Macro'.

It essentially records the process of going from point A to B whatever that may be. In your case it would be the start to finish process of switching the WiFi calling from the start of the settings page via what looks like a screen recording process but it is just every touch on the screen you make & the exact location and once saved carries out your process super fast. I'm guessing it is accessable via settings as you need to choose an app and settings is in there I checked. As long as the pages always have the same layout from start to the finish of the process this should work. I failed to get one working because what I was selecting was a specific playlist on amazon music but it moves around based on when it was last played so because it records where I touched on the screen, rather than what I touched, it selected different ones but I've realised an easier way to do this now thankfully.

If you have access to it I'm sure you'll see what I mean. I would attempt to replicate this right now but I'm awake in 4 hours 😴 Hense why I'm here typing this long post to sabotage myself.

Hope this helps. Good luck.
Solution
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Starone   The Touch Macro  as mentioned by  @RXM should  met your requirements .A bit more on the Advanced Routines here https://www.androidpolice.com/2021/05/02/samsungs-latest-good-lock-module-adds-powerful-new-options-... 

Some members may also wish to look at this 10 minute video :

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Starone
Pathfinder
Options
Thanks that actually works well and dose what I wanted
Starone
Pathfinder
Options
Well it was good for a week or rwo then the ones I created have gone and now there is no option to record key presses to do what I had working
0 Likes
Guluzan
First Poster
Options
0 Likes
Starone
Pathfinder
Options
Why? My question is about using routens and modes
0 Likes