Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Biometric authentication not working in 3rd party apps since the ONE UI 4 update

(Topic created on: 26-01-2022 12:02 PM)
Members_b2sgy9J
Pioneer
Options

Title says it all. Another thing the update broke for me is biometric (fingerprint) authentication in both of the banking apps I use. 

I have tried clearing the cache, reinstalling the apps. Yes I have cleared the cache partition also. After a restart it sometimes work but after the problem comes back. When trying to enable fingerprint authentication in the given apps it just doesn't work and the app says "an error has occured". 

Any chance having this fixed without a factory reset?

S20+ Exynos.

13 REPLIES 13
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Are these apps compatible with Android 12?
0 Likes
Members_b2sgy9J
Pioneer
Options

Thank you for your reply. According to the play store they are, and get updates frequently. Again sometimes it works as it should. 

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
On Play Store there are reviews of the apps. Are others having difficulty? If so, wait for the developers to fix issues, if not a reset appears to be the only remaining option.
Members_b2sgy9J
Pioneer
Options

I don't see it mentioned in reviews but the update has just rolled out a few days ago here in Hungary. I do see however other users reporting the same issue here, one  mentions that even a factory reset did not help either. Pathetic to say at least. 

0 Likes
Paitor
Student
Options

Same for S20 Exynos and the Swedish apps BankID, Nordea and Avanza. But Curve still works.

Members_b2sgy9J
Pioneer
Options

Any repsonse from a Samsung representative would be great...

Members_b2sgy9J
Pioneer
Options

On reddit they say it is caused by third party launchers but I don't use any... 

0 Likes
Paitor
Student
Options

Got a notification today in BankID to activate fingerprint. Went to the other apps that didn't work and they worked now also. None of the apps have been updated though? No update done? No restart has been done? How did this happen? 

0 Likes
s20user7
Apprentice
Options

I have exactly the same biometric login issues (and all of them in financial apps) with my Galaxy S20. Recently there was 2nd Android 12 update - I'd think it'd be fixed, but its not. So frustrating.

0 Likes