Gavinh
Helping Hand
Options
Fingerprint scanner not working after update 
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
AsadM
Options

Hi @Gavinh, I'm sorry to hear about the issue with your fingerprint scanner. What happens when you try to use your fingerprint scanner? Does the phone respond when you try to unlock your phone? Let's try a Hardware Test on the Fingerprint scanner to see if it works normally. You can do this by going into the Phone app > Dial *#0*# > Select Sensor > Under 'Fingerprint Test', select 'Normal scan' > Go through the test until the results appear. 

0 Likes
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi, have you tried deleting your finger print & saving another one?
0 Likes
Gavinh
Helping Hand
Options
I added the same thumb 3 times I don't want to remove them and start again as I can't remember my bank password
0 Likes
Gavinh
Helping Hand
Options
Guys it's fixed a update went out today for biometrics works perfectly again
0 Likes
NadilK
First Poster
Options

Yeah I have this problem its not working 

0 Likes
BJ-Jones
First Poster
Options

My S20 has this problem with no new updates available.   Happened after the July 2022 update.  Frustrating. 

0 Likes
Anloboz
First Poster
Options

Same for me after  Agoust 2022 update, One ui version 4.1, Android version 12, Build SP1A.210812.016.G980FXXUEFVG5

0 Likes
elderly_punk
Apprentice
Options
Same for me. Help suggested i do a full factory reset of A52 5g, still diesnt work at all. can't open fingerprint sensor at all, doesn't show up just errors within serrings, can't add / remove anything. Absolute rubbish update.
0 Likes
Jet_
Apprentice
Options

Mine just stopped working today at One UI 5.x

Woke up this morning, when i checked my phone it said on the lockscreen that the fingerprint data was corrupted. After that i just cant use the sensor.

I tried:

● restarting the phone,

● rebooting in safe mode,

● updating the system, 

● force stopping and cleaning all data on the biometrics app,

● deleting my fingerprints and trying to add them again.

When i do try to add my fingerprints again, it just says "Fingerprint sensor isn't working"

Jet__4-1706717970136.jpeg

● using the members app to test the sensor, but it only lets you test it if you have fingerprints saved. And since i deleted mine a few minutes before trying it, i'm just stuck in a loop.

Jet__5-1706717970139.jpeg

● I also tried the *#0*# code and the results are as follows:

Jet__6-1706717970128.jpeg

Jet__7-1706717970132.jpeg

Is there any way i can fix this?

Is this maybe a hardware failure?

I love my phone, it's a S21 that's been with me for over 2 years and i really don't plan on switching it to a new model just because of one sensor...