Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 11 update causing apps not to work on WiFi?

(Topic created on: 13-02-2022 07:17 PM)
Dave_Wilkinson
Journeyman
Options
Hi, anyone else having this problem where apps aren't loading / refreshing whilst on WiFi but work fine on mobile data? My wife has an iPhone which works perfectly well so it's not a router issue. Tried resetting network sessions but hasn't fixed the issue. Any solutions welcome !
10 REPLIES 10
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
Have you tried wiping cache partition on the phone🤔
Dave_Wilkinson
Journeyman
Options
Hi, I've cleared the cache of the apps in settings - is that the same thing?
0 Likes
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Yes it is. Have you tried to update the apps that anit working?
0 Likes
Dave_Wilkinson
Journeyman
Options
I have yes, strangely the notification of your message came through with WiFi on however I had to turn WiFi off for the app to load up
0 Likes
Paulf1
Voyager
Options
Have you tried to clear cache partition works well sometimes and can't do any harm, lots of guidance on YouTube if not sure how to get phone onto reboot screen..
0 Likes
Dave_Wilkinson
Journeyman
Options
Yep just tried that now but still same issues where apps don't refresh / load on WiFi (BBC, Samsung Members, HUKD, Sky Sports etc) - all work fine when WiFi is switched off
0 Likes
Paulf1
Voyager
Options
Hope you've had some success with this problem but I'm with sky for WiFi and we've had some strange days where its working for a few hours then it's off and when I check the sky app they say there having issues in my area but its always come back and I've not had any problems for a while but someone said it's because sky are setting up a new dish less system not sure if this is true but sky customer services aren't going to admit to to much anyway,I know you've tried most of the things we would all try so it's a strange one but my last thing is you haven't got the apps to refresh only on mobile data in the apps settings page and do you have the auto sync setting on I bet you have as you seem to know what your doing, hope you get it sorted out...
0 Likes
TashaBell
Apprentice
Options

I'm having the same issue with my note10+. Currently my instagram, disney+ and part of messenger doesn't work over WiFi. Have to switch it off for it to work. I've factory reset my phone twice and done all that's been said in the replies below with no avail. I can see from doing some digging that this is an ongoing issue. Did you manage to fix yours at all?

0 Likes
Dave_Wilkinson
Journeyman
Options
Hi, yes it seems to work fine now but no idea what sorted it. The same issue keeps happening when I do a software update though... I still have issues with notifications not coming through when I'm on data which I think is another common one... my solution in a few months is to switch to Apple I'm afraid!
0 Likes