Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced Messaging only working for 1 person in my contacts

(Topic created on: 24-08-2021 10:19 PM)
-ALD1989-
Apprentice
Options
Hello. After researching the internet and not finding anything useful I was hoping to be able to get some help within the Samsung community. I have a Samsung S20 5G on Tesco Mobile (UK) for some reason the Advanced Messaging service is only working with one of my contacts (randomly found this yesterday after messaging someone who I haven't contacted in a while) My husband, mother and some friends also have Samsung phones and advanced messaging isn't working when I message them, but it's working their end. I have looked at all settings everything is as it should be and the messenger app is updated, find it strange it works with one person but no one else, so can't see how it would be the settings but I've looked everywhere and nothing has worked. Can anybody advise as to why this is and how to resolve. 

Thanks.
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Could be that the messaging app has to be on their phones
I have a new s21 and 2 messaging apps, all of my contacts are on the default app but not on the other app. So just disabled it as I can't use it.
Kris G
Voyager
Options

i'm not using the default SMS app that came with the phone,
instead i use some other app that is also called 'messages' which i guess is by Google;

anyway that app has following settings that may require Mobile data or WiFi connection,
i find those in Messages app under Settings>Chat features and Settings>Advanced;
so, that advanced messaging isn't there i guess, but 'group messaging' or 'chat'

Screenshot_20210824-011945_Messages.jpg

Huawei P8, Mate10Pro, P40Pro;
Samsung S20Ultra;
Xiaomi MiNote10;
-ALD1989-
Apprentice
Options

Thank you. I'll have a play around and see if that works. My friends use the standard app with the phone I believe. I do have the other messages app installed on my phone but have never used it. The one that comes with the phone is currently set as the default app. 

0 Likes
-ALD1989-
Apprentice
Options

Do you mean the non standard messaging app. As in the one that doesn't come with the phone? I have that installed but have never used it. As far as I'm aware my contacts all use the messages app that come with the phone. Will give it a try. Thank you. 

0 Likes
Kris G
Voyager
Options

meanwhile i was able to check from where i got the messaging app from, i think i didn't like the samsung version layout, and you can see in the settings i posted screens from, it allows files up to 22MB , of course it is not sure that some software update made your phone go crazy 🤷‍♂️
anyway that is the one i use now, it is indeed by google-> qwerweqr.PNG

Huawei P8, Mate10Pro, P40Pro;
Samsung S20Ultra;
Xiaomi MiNote10;