What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

Accidental Touch Annoyance 😑

(Topic created on: 17-12-2023 03:04 PM)
Options
Putting this in here as I have a Galaxy S20 but I've a feeling it may be related to something else (E.G. I'm on Android 13).

Basically if ATP is on then it will
1) trigger when it shouldnt
2) be a nightmare to access my phone. Swipe up you say? Well I am doing & have been doing for the past 5 minutes so why aren't you opening?!?!?! 

So then I turn it off because the above annoys the ***** out of me yet having it turned off means I'm now dialling people (and even the police once) in my pocket. 

Just sending this one out there hoping that these aren't the only 2 options? Is there any way around it? 

Is it a Samsung issue, an S20 issue, an Android 13 issue? 

If these are my only options then I'll probably stick with having it turned off since that presents a problem less than if it's turned on. 
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Perhaps try a mobile phone cover that folds over the phone while in your pocket may solve the issue you are having

IMG-20231217-WA0000_1000002117_1702811952.jpg
0 Likes
Options
It probably would now you mention it.
However I have one of those covers for my works phone and I don't particularly like them.

For my personal phone - the S20, I have a Mous case which is the only case I ever have for my phones. I also have a Spigen screen protector on it too. I forget the exact name of the protector. Hydrogel maybe. I could be wrong. I know it's not a hard tempered glass one that's for sure because 1) they're not compatible with these cases and 2) they're a nightmare with fingerprint sensor.
0 Likes
IainMD
Student
Options
Turn off double tap to wake. That sorted it for me and my wife. We're both constantly calling the emergency services from our pockets. Stopped since turning this off.1702825461008.jpg
0 Likes
Options
Thanks for the tip. I'll give that a try.
0 Likes
Daz73r
Troubleshooter
Options
Swipe up and hold
0 Likes
Options
That doesn't work. At least not for me it doesn't.
0 Likes
Members_iMjGMdf
First Poster
Options

When it says "Swipe Up".. Don't swipe ALL the Way up to the top of the screen... just to the top of the small rectangle... that seemed to work for me....

0 Likes