Support

Open search

S20 Ultra Dual SIM phone showing wrong number under "This Phone"

Highlighted
SOLVED

Just moved an EE pay monthly SIM from my old Samsung S9 to a S20 Ultra, everything works (which is nice!) and I can make/receive calls/SMS using my contract/number. 

However under "This Phone" which looks like it is locked to SIM 1 it is showing a different mobile number - and I can't edit it...  Any ideas how I get the phone to understand the SIM number?  Thanks, Peter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Observer
Simply, you can't. The number you're seeing under the SIM is the number originally assigned to that SIM card, when you transfered your number it registers on the network as your number but the SIM card still registers its original number. Its very annoying, especially as it also records this number in you my contacts profile too.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Observer
Simply, you can't. The number you're seeing under the SIM is the number originally assigned to that SIM card, when you transfered your number it registers on the network as your number but the SIM card still registers its original number. Its very annoying, especially as it also records this number in you my contacts profile too.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Pathfinder
I had the same issue when I ported my number from Three to EE it showed the original sim cards phone number luckily I had an old blackberry and sim converter adapter and I was able to change it on the blackberry I believe this also works with iPhone's too failing that you'll be unable to change it
Highlighted

Thanks for the replies, have ordered another SIM from EE, lets see if that fixes it...  Peter

Top Liked Authors