Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to install Dex for Windows

(Topic created on: 18-04-2021 01:58 AM)
Ghostch4nt
First Poster
Options

(to note: latest public win10 build, all avaliable updates installed, s10+ exynos on newest build)

Downloaded latest DEX version from samsung site but the installer does not run. This is what I have tried so far to resolve by myself:

removed phone from Your Phone windows app
deactivated link to phone on microsoft account.
removed link to windows pc on phone.
downloaded latest usb drivers from samsung site
uninstalled old driver, rebooted, installed new drivers
Downloaded latest DEX version from samsung site
attempted to launch dex installer - nothing happens and cant see a process for it in task manager.

uninstalled all versions of .net framework
rebooted
reinstalled .net frameworks
rebooted (again lmao)
attempted to launch dex installer - nothing happens and cant see a process for it in task manager.

have tried to launch installer after added as an exception to my AV, disabled AV and tried again, run as administrator, force run as administrator from properties menu, tried in compatability mode for older versions.
installed older version of dex for windows, it prompted me to update to latest version, i clicked yes downloaded install files, then appeared to try launch it but window disappeared instantly.

nothing i do lets me open the installer. please help!

6 REPLIES 6
Under-whelmed
Apprentice
Options

I have the exact same issue, also on Win 10, I click on the Dex installer and it does nothing. Did you manage to find a solution?

Under-whelmed
Apprentice
Options

I found an old version of Dex for PC at the link below, installed that and then tried to update to the current version from within Dex and still the current version won't install. This is really weird, in all my years of using Windows I've never had anything like this.

https://samsung-dex.en.uptodown.com/windows/download

Under-whelmed
Apprentice
Options

Seems it may be some kind of .NET Framework issue, I have no idea how to resolve it 😞

0 Likes
moli4025
First Poster
Options

I unplugged my phone then right clicked the installer and ran as administrator - worked for me

0 Likes
Matrim
First Poster
Options

Yeah Samsung Dex didn't work originally. Much less install. After some tinkering i got it running.

First i got the USB drivers from here.

https://developer.samsung.com/android-usb-driver

Don't know if that helped. Then, I got the old version from the link posted in the thread. DeX also updated fine afterwards.

This is not the first time i've had issues with trying to get something to install. Have the same issue with the Epic launcher. Have yet to get it working. I'm going to see if an older version will work, then update to current.

So it's not just Samsung with these issues.

0 Likes
Luitschi1220
First Poster
Options

Hi

Unable to update or to install Dex after removing it !

Complete catastrophic!

Regards

Luitschi

0 Likes