Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secure folders photo disappearing

(Topic created on: 22-12-2021 09:51 AM)
CatalinOlaru
Student
Options
Hey guys,

I've got a problem with my secure folder, namely every time I move photos to the secure folder they're gone with hours or maybe days. Funnily enough, it's just photos that are in new albums, the ones in Camera or Screenshots remain there as expected.

Could someone provide some help on this one?
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
StephK1
Options

Hey @CatalinOlaru! This usually occurs when there isn't a location for the file that the Secure Folder can access. For example, if you moved a photo directly from WhatsApp into the Secure Folder, it would disappear if WhatsApp wasn't downloaded in the Secure Folder. It wouldn't disappear if the file was moved to a folder that the Secure Folder can access (DCIM in 'My Files' for example) or WhatsApp was downloaded in the Secure Folder. It sounds like it can't access the new albums you have made, so I'd recommend  moving the photos to a location that the Secure Folder can access before moving them over, and then see if they still disappear. 🙂

CatalinOlaru
Student
Options
Thanks a lot StephK1, I will try that! However it seems like a very poor design to have it this way and make the user work around it.
0 Likes
Poppy0410
First Poster
Options
Does that mean I will have lost all my pictures?
0 Likes